"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Steven Dennis Ruud, 55, of Ostrander, died Feb. 18, 2003 at his home following a short illness with cancer.
Born May 25, 1947, in Spring Valley, he graduated from Spring Valley High School in 1965 and from Mankato State University in 1969. He was married to the former Julie Goergen from 1965 to 1980, and to the former Bonnie Chevchuc from 1986 to 1998. He enjoyed fishing and camping. Survivors include two sons, Jay of Dexter and Jarett (Gina) of Rochester; two daughters, Jamie Miller of Chester and Ashley Seaborn of Kansas City, Mo.; three grandchildren; his mother, Geraldine (Thorson) Ruud of Ostrander; two sisters, Barbara (James) Sheldon of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Pricilla (Errol) Villa of Mankato; and two brothers, Larry (Catherine) of San Diego, and Dan of Tampa, Fla.; and his significant other, Bonnie Ruud. His father preceded him in death. A memorial service for Steven Dennis Ruud was held Feb. 21, 2002 in Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Jane Timmerman officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.