"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
- 9:33:44, Oct 21st 2014 - Hi - The Newell school district has 108 kids 9-12 and 361 kids pre-k through 12. No ... [Read More]
- 8:51:06, Oct 21st 2014 - apples/oranges - How can you use the dollar figure from your remodel at Newell as a g ... [Read More]
- 8:39:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - So if the referrendum fails then what are your plans? Are we going to try to ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Bernelda Wilhelmina Busian, 93, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died February 15, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Bernelda Wilhelmina Richter was born May 19, 1909, in rural Chatfield and attended school through the 10th grade when she became ill with polio. On Sept. 3, 1930, she married Edgar Lentz at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. He died April 8, 1934. She married Frederick "Fritz" Busian Nov. 27, 1936, in Dover. She lived in rural Chatfield all her life until moving to town after Mr. Busian's death on Oct. 14, 1956. Mrs. Busian was a member of Pioneer Presbyterian Church, a 50-year member of the Eastern Star and enjoyed reading. Survivors include a son, Dr. Michael (Cynthia Strub) Busian of Morris, Minn.; a daughter, Alice (Salvador "Chava") Hidalgo of Rochester; and four grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral was held Feb. 19, 2003 at Pioneer Presbyterian Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Timothy J. Gerarden officiating. Burial was in Evergreen Cemetery in rural Dover. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.