"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, February 8th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
- 12:45:22, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out fo ... [Read More]
- 12:37:07, Feb 8th 2016 - understanding - It is easy for someone to say yes! Especially when they are on the re ... [Read More]
- 7:41:46, Feb 7th 2016 - DeerHunterguy - @Terbeest Calling someone who supports Obama like "a follower of Nazi ... [Read More]
- 6:58:19, Feb 7th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Another angry, rambling rant from a bitter right wingnut. Who is this guy? ... [Read More]
- 12:35:24, Feb 7th 2016 - Slate7 - Looks like the flood destroyed Rushford after all. What happened to the stro ... [Read More]
- 5:15:31, Feb 6th 2016 - @respect - "They don't go out of their way to disrespect until disrespect is thrown at ... [Read More]
- 3:28:56, Feb 6th 2016 - Farmer - WOW! Hope you have more life jackets because now that you have actually put y ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lucille M. Tuohy, 98, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died February 13, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where she had lived since 1994.
Lucille M. LaPlante was born Jan. 10, 1905, in rural Chatfield, graduated from Eyota High School in 1925 and attended normal teachers training for a year at St. Teresa's Teachers College in Winona. On May 29, 1926, she married Cy Tuohy in Chatfield. They lived in Nisswa, Minn., later returned to Chatfield and then lived in Minneapolis, where her husband was a state grain weigher. They moved to Rochester from Minneapolis and, in 1970, returned to Chatfield. Mr. Tuohy died Sept. 5, 1970. Mrs. Tuohy was a member of St. Mary's Altar Society. Survivors include a son, Sylvester "Ves" (Margaret) of Chatfield; 13 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Rosemary LaPlante of Rochester. She was preceded in death by two sons, a grandson, four brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held Feb. 17, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Revs. Thomas Loomis and Joseph LaPlante co-officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.