"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lucille M. Tuohy, 98, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died February 13, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where she had lived since 1994.
Lucille M. LaPlante was born Jan. 10, 1905, in rural Chatfield, graduated from Eyota High School in 1925 and attended normal teachers training for a year at St. Teresa's Teachers College in Winona. On May 29, 1926, she married Cy Tuohy in Chatfield. They lived in Nisswa, Minn., later returned to Chatfield and then lived in Minneapolis, where her husband was a state grain weigher. They moved to Rochester from Minneapolis and, in 1970, returned to Chatfield. Mr. Tuohy died Sept. 5, 1970. Mrs. Tuohy was a member of St. Mary's Altar Society. Survivors include a son, Sylvester "Ves" (Margaret) of Chatfield; 13 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Rosemary LaPlante of Rochester. She was preceded in death by two sons, a grandson, four brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held Feb. 17, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Revs. Thomas Loomis and Joseph LaPlante co-officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.