"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lucille M. Tuohy, 98, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died February 13, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where she had lived since 1994.
Lucille M. LaPlante was born Jan. 10, 1905, in rural Chatfield, graduated from Eyota High School in 1925 and attended normal teachers training for a year at St. Teresa's Teachers College in Winona. On May 29, 1926, she married Cy Tuohy in Chatfield. They lived in Nisswa, Minn., later returned to Chatfield and then lived in Minneapolis, where her husband was a state grain weigher. They moved to Rochester from Minneapolis and, in 1970, returned to Chatfield. Mr. Tuohy died Sept. 5, 1970. Mrs. Tuohy was a member of St. Mary's Altar Society. Survivors include a son, Sylvester "Ves" (Margaret) of Chatfield; 13 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Rosemary LaPlante of Rochester. She was preceded in death by two sons, a grandson, four brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held Feb. 17, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Revs. Thomas Loomis and Joseph LaPlante co-officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.