"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, January 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
- 1:45:40, Jan 24th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - Or MAYBE people should accept the fact that you can't always win ... [Read More]
- 11:30:37, Jan 24th 2015 - neighbor - Fountainfarmer....residents of this street have taken it to the city coun ... [Read More]
- 2:04:25, Jan 23rd 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever seems like the type of person who will rant and rave on new ... [Read More]
- 1:39:29, Jan 23rd 2015 - Two dogs - or maybe FC should recruit some better athletes or get ones that like to w ... [Read More]
- 12:47:28, Jan 23rd 2015 - Duh - whatever--- you should probably realize that a Chamber of Commerce has NOTHING ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Doris H. Vathing, 93, of Houston, died Feb. 23, 2003 at Valley View Nursing Home in Houston.
Doris H. Schulz was born May 17, 1909, in Ivanhoe, Minn. In 1927 she graduated from Ivanhoe High School and attended Ivanhoe Normal School for one year. After graduating from Winona Teachers College, she taught eighth grade in Houston until her marriage to Sigurd H. Vathing on June 12, 1934. Mr. Vathing died in 1998. Mrs. Vathing was active in many school and civic activities, including PTA, Band Mothers, Houston School Board and Worthy Matron of the Eastern Star. She was a member of Cross of Christ Lutheran Church and its choir, circles and ladies organizations. Survivors include two sons, Bob (Darlene) of Minnetonka, Minn., and Jim (Patty) of Plymouth, Minn.; a daughter, Judy Williams of Houston; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Doris H. Vathing was Feb. 26, 2003 in Cross of Christ Lutheran Church in Houston, with the Rev. Lane Zaffke officiating. Burial will be in Stone Church Cemetery in Houston. Hoff Funeral Homes-Houston Chapel was in charge of arrangements.