"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Doris H. Vathing, 93, of Houston, died Feb. 23, 2003 at Valley View Nursing Home in Houston.
Doris H. Schulz was born May 17, 1909, in Ivanhoe, Minn. In 1927 she graduated from Ivanhoe High School and attended Ivanhoe Normal School for one year. After graduating from Winona Teachers College, she taught eighth grade in Houston until her marriage to Sigurd H. Vathing on June 12, 1934. Mr. Vathing died in 1998. Mrs. Vathing was active in many school and civic activities, including PTA, Band Mothers, Houston School Board and Worthy Matron of the Eastern Star. She was a member of Cross of Christ Lutheran Church and its choir, circles and ladies organizations. Survivors include two sons, Bob (Darlene) of Minnetonka, Minn., and Jim (Patty) of Plymouth, Minn.; a daughter, Judy Williams of Houston; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Doris H. Vathing was Feb. 26, 2003 in Cross of Christ Lutheran Church in Houston, with the Rev. Lane Zaffke officiating. Burial will be in Stone Church Cemetery in Houston. Hoff Funeral Homes-Houston Chapel was in charge of arrangements.