"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Doris H. Vathing, 93, of Houston, died Feb. 23, 2003 at Valley View Nursing Home in Houston.
Doris H. Schulz was born May 17, 1909, in Ivanhoe, Minn. In 1927 she graduated from Ivanhoe High School and attended Ivanhoe Normal School for one year. After graduating from Winona Teachers College, she taught eighth grade in Houston until her marriage to Sigurd H. Vathing on June 12, 1934. Mr. Vathing died in 1998. Mrs. Vathing was active in many school and civic activities, including PTA, Band Mothers, Houston School Board and Worthy Matron of the Eastern Star. She was a member of Cross of Christ Lutheran Church and its choir, circles and ladies organizations. Survivors include two sons, Bob (Darlene) of Minnetonka, Minn., and Jim (Patty) of Plymouth, Minn.; a daughter, Judy Williams of Houston; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Doris H. Vathing was Feb. 26, 2003 in Cross of Christ Lutheran Church in Houston, with the Rev. Lane Zaffke officiating. Burial will be in Stone Church Cemetery in Houston. Hoff Funeral Homes-Houston Chapel was in charge of arrangements.