"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Doris H. Vathing, 93, of Houston, died Feb. 23, 2003 at Valley View Nursing Home in Houston.
Doris H. Schulz was born May 17, 1909, in Ivanhoe, Minn. In 1927 she graduated from Ivanhoe High School and attended Ivanhoe Normal School for one year. After graduating from Winona Teachers College, she taught eighth grade in Houston until her marriage to Sigurd H. Vathing on June 12, 1934. Mr. Vathing died in 1998. Mrs. Vathing was active in many school and civic activities, including PTA, Band Mothers, Houston School Board and Worthy Matron of the Eastern Star. She was a member of Cross of Christ Lutheran Church and its choir, circles and ladies organizations. Survivors include two sons, Bob (Darlene) of Minnetonka, Minn., and Jim (Patty) of Plymouth, Minn.; a daughter, Judy Williams of Houston; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Doris H. Vathing was Feb. 26, 2003 in Cross of Christ Lutheran Church in Houston, with the Rev. Lane Zaffke officiating. Burial will be in Stone Church Cemetery in Houston. Hoff Funeral Homes-Houston Chapel was in charge of arrangements.