"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Doris H. Vathing, 93, of Houston, died Feb. 23, 2003 at Valley View Nursing Home in Houston.
Doris H. Schulz was born May 17, 1909, in Ivanhoe, Minn. In 1927 she graduated from Ivanhoe High School and attended Ivanhoe Normal School for one year. After graduating from Winona Teachers College, she taught eighth grade in Houston until her marriage to Sigurd H. Vathing on June 12, 1934. Mr. Vathing died in 1998. Mrs. Vathing was active in many school and civic activities, including PTA, Band Mothers, Houston School Board and Worthy Matron of the Eastern Star. She was a member of Cross of Christ Lutheran Church and its choir, circles and ladies organizations. Survivors include two sons, Bob (Darlene) of Minnetonka, Minn., and Jim (Patty) of Plymouth, Minn.; a daughter, Judy Williams of Houston; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Doris H. Vathing was Feb. 26, 2003 in Cross of Christ Lutheran Church in Houston, with the Rev. Lane Zaffke officiating. Burial will be in Stone Church Cemetery in Houston. Hoff Funeral Homes-Houston Chapel was in charge of arrangements.