"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Myrtle E. Rasmussen, age 95, of Spring Grove, Minnesota, formerly of Mabel, Minnesota, and Hesper, Iowa, died Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2003 at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Myrtle was born September 13, 1907 in Preble Township, Fillmore County, Minnesota to Edwin and Mary (Peterson) Erickson. She graduated from the Mabel High School in 1926 and attended the Winona State Teachers College. She taught in the Scheie, Henrytown, and Amherst districts. On February 20, 1932 she married Otto Rasmussen in Mabel. They farmed near Hesper, Iowa until moving to Mabel in 1962. Otto later passed away on July 12, 1978. Myrtle has been a resident of the Tweeten Health Care Center in Spring Grove since January, 1994. She was a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church and enjoyed quilting, oil painting, and flowers. Myrtle is survived by a son Richard of Chatfield, Minnesota; a daughter Mary Ann (Marcellus) Ranzenberger of Mabel; three grandchildren; and six great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents and three brothers Everett, Vernon, and Donald. Funeral services were Feb. 28, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.