"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Myrtle E. Rasmussen, age 95, of Spring Grove, Minnesota, formerly of Mabel, Minnesota, and Hesper, Iowa, died Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2003 at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Myrtle was born September 13, 1907 in Preble Township, Fillmore County, Minnesota to Edwin and Mary (Peterson) Erickson. She graduated from the Mabel High School in 1926 and attended the Winona State Teachers College. She taught in the Scheie, Henrytown, and Amherst districts. On February 20, 1932 she married Otto Rasmussen in Mabel. They farmed near Hesper, Iowa until moving to Mabel in 1962. Otto later passed away on July 12, 1978. Myrtle has been a resident of the Tweeten Health Care Center in Spring Grove since January, 1994. She was a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church and enjoyed quilting, oil painting, and flowers. Myrtle is survived by a son Richard of Chatfield, Minnesota; a daughter Mary Ann (Marcellus) Ranzenberger of Mabel; three grandchildren; and six great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents and three brothers Everett, Vernon, and Donald. Funeral services were Feb. 28, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.