"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 8th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther A. Nelson, 93, of Spring Valley, a former school cook, died Feb. 25, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Esther Alida Vikse was born April 4, 1909, in Ostrander and attended an Ostrander-area country school. On June 14, 1931, she married Clifford Nelson in Ostrander. Her husband worked for the city of Spring Valley for 30 years. He died in 1983. Mrs. Nelson was a homemaker, worked at Spring Valley Bakery and Carson's Grocery, and was a cook at the elementary school for 14 years. She was a member of Our Saviors' Lutheran ELCW and Hannah Circle. She enjoyed flowers and gardening. Survivors include a daughter, Janis (Herb) Mlenar of Spring Valley; two sons, Richard (Marlys) of Rochester and the Rev. Larry (Barbara) of Bonners Ferry, Idaho; 11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Eleanor Swenson of Spring Valley. She was preceded in death by two daughters, three sisters and two brothers. The funeral for Esther A. Nelson was March 1, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bloomfield Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.