"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther A. Nelson, 93, of Spring Valley, a former school cook, died Feb. 25, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Esther Alida Vikse was born April 4, 1909, in Ostrander and attended an Ostrander-area country school. On June 14, 1931, she married Clifford Nelson in Ostrander. Her husband worked for the city of Spring Valley for 30 years. He died in 1983. Mrs. Nelson was a homemaker, worked at Spring Valley Bakery and Carson's Grocery, and was a cook at the elementary school for 14 years. She was a member of Our Saviors' Lutheran ELCW and Hannah Circle. She enjoyed flowers and gardening. Survivors include a daughter, Janis (Herb) Mlenar of Spring Valley; two sons, Richard (Marlys) of Rochester and the Rev. Larry (Barbara) of Bonners Ferry, Idaho; 11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Eleanor Swenson of Spring Valley. She was preceded in death by two daughters, three sisters and two brothers. The funeral for Esther A. Nelson was March 1, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bloomfield Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.