"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther A. Nelson, 93, of Spring Valley, a former school cook, died Feb. 25, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Esther Alida Vikse was born April 4, 1909, in Ostrander and attended an Ostrander-area country school. On June 14, 1931, she married Clifford Nelson in Ostrander. Her husband worked for the city of Spring Valley for 30 years. He died in 1983. Mrs. Nelson was a homemaker, worked at Spring Valley Bakery and Carson's Grocery, and was a cook at the elementary school for 14 years. She was a member of Our Saviors' Lutheran ELCW and Hannah Circle. She enjoyed flowers and gardening. Survivors include a daughter, Janis (Herb) Mlenar of Spring Valley; two sons, Richard (Marlys) of Rochester and the Rev. Larry (Barbara) of Bonners Ferry, Idaho; 11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Eleanor Swenson of Spring Valley. She was preceded in death by two daughters, three sisters and two brothers. The funeral for Esther A. Nelson was March 1, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bloomfield Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.