"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther A. Nelson, 93, of Spring Valley, a former school cook, died Feb. 25, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Esther Alida Vikse was born April 4, 1909, in Ostrander and attended an Ostrander-area country school. On June 14, 1931, she married Clifford Nelson in Ostrander. Her husband worked for the city of Spring Valley for 30 years. He died in 1983. Mrs. Nelson was a homemaker, worked at Spring Valley Bakery and Carson's Grocery, and was a cook at the elementary school for 14 years. She was a member of Our Saviors' Lutheran ELCW and Hannah Circle. She enjoyed flowers and gardening. Survivors include a daughter, Janis (Herb) Mlenar of Spring Valley; two sons, Richard (Marlys) of Rochester and the Rev. Larry (Barbara) of Bonners Ferry, Idaho; 11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Eleanor Swenson of Spring Valley. She was preceded in death by two daughters, three sisters and two brothers. The funeral for Esther A. Nelson was March 1, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bloomfield Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.