"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 10th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:41:33, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV 85, I'm still waiting for a reply! Don't tell me you decided to take ... [Read More]
- 8:27:28, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Greetings Mark, I agree with much of your analysis, but to me it's reall ... [Read More]
- 11:49:51, Dec 9th 2016 - Mark Kottman - Conservative or liberal, both sides agree that some changes are needed ... [Read More]
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Esther A. Nelson, 93, of Spring Valley, a former school cook, died Feb. 25, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Esther Alida Vikse was born April 4, 1909, in Ostrander and attended an Ostrander-area country school. On June 14, 1931, she married Clifford Nelson in Ostrander. Her husband worked for the city of Spring Valley for 30 years. He died in 1983. Mrs. Nelson was a homemaker, worked at Spring Valley Bakery and Carson's Grocery, and was a cook at the elementary school for 14 years. She was a member of Our Saviors' Lutheran ELCW and Hannah Circle. She enjoyed flowers and gardening. Survivors include a daughter, Janis (Herb) Mlenar of Spring Valley; two sons, Richard (Marlys) of Rochester and the Rev. Larry (Barbara) of Bonners Ferry, Idaho; 11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Eleanor Swenson of Spring Valley. She was preceded in death by two daughters, three sisters and two brothers. The funeral for Esther A. Nelson was March 1, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bloomfield Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.