"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary Ferguson Mattia, 81, of Chico, Calif., formerly of the Wykoff-Chatfield area, died Jan. 31, 2003, in Chico.
Mary Ferguson was born Oct. 9, 1921, in Wykoff, and graduated salutatorian of her class at Chatfield High School. She worked for the superintendent of schools in Chatfield and later received a registered nursing degree from Saint Marys School of Nursing in Rochester. She joined the Navy Nursing Corps in 1943 and in 1944, married Lt. Philip Mattia, a pilot in the Marines. Her husband preceded her in death. She recently moved to Chico to be with her son and grandchildren. Survivors include her son, Michael of Chico; three grandchildren; two brothers, James (Gerry) Ferguson of Chatfield and Lawrence (Pat) Ferguson of Rochester; and two sisters, Patricia Just of Lakewood, Calif., and Helen Snider of Rochester. No service is planned for Mary Ferguson Mattia. The body was cremated.