"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Nellie P. Ludens, 100, of Harmony, a former area farm homemaker, died Feb. 20, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
Nellie Palsma was born Aug. 4, 1902, in Springfield, S.D., and married Peter Ludens there March 9, 1926. They farmed near Springfield until 1937, then near Lime Springs, Iowa, and in the Greenleafton area from 1945 until moving to Minneapolis in 1955. The couple worked in Minneapolis for eight years and retired to Greenleafton in 1963. Mr. Ludens died Aug. 30, 1995. Mrs. Ludens was a member of Greenleafton Reformed Church and its women's circle. She enjoyed bird-watching, crocheting and knitting. Survivors include a son, Louis (Marilyn) of Harmony; a daughter, Helen (John) Flolo of Gilroy, Calif.; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by an infant son, a granddaughter, two great-grandchildren, a sister and five brothers. The funeral for Nellie P. Ludens was Feb. 24, 2003 at Greenleafton Reformed Church in rural Preston, with the Rev. Jonathan Loper officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.