"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Nellie P. Ludens, 100, of Harmony, a former area farm homemaker, died Feb. 20, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
Nellie Palsma was born Aug. 4, 1902, in Springfield, S.D., and married Peter Ludens there March 9, 1926. They farmed near Springfield until 1937, then near Lime Springs, Iowa, and in the Greenleafton area from 1945 until moving to Minneapolis in 1955. The couple worked in Minneapolis for eight years and retired to Greenleafton in 1963. Mr. Ludens died Aug. 30, 1995. Mrs. Ludens was a member of Greenleafton Reformed Church and its women's circle. She enjoyed bird-watching, crocheting and knitting. Survivors include a son, Louis (Marilyn) of Harmony; a daughter, Helen (John) Flolo of Gilroy, Calif.; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by an infant son, a granddaughter, two great-grandchildren, a sister and five brothers. The funeral for Nellie P. Ludens was Feb. 24, 2003 at Greenleafton Reformed Church in rural Preston, with the Rev. Jonathan Loper officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.