Boots & Badges
Letterwerks Sign City
"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Online Edition
Thursday, September 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞

Fillmore County District Court - March 21, 2011

Fri, Mar 18th, 2011
Posted in Court

Dalton Lee Volkman appeared before Judge Robert R. Benson in District Court on Monday, March 14, 2011, for sentencing. Appearing with Mr. Volkman was his attorney, Frederick S. Suhler. Based on his earlier plea of guilty to felony burglary in the third degree, count two, the Court made a judgment of guilty and dismissed the remaining count against him. The Court ordered Mr. Volkman to serve 30 days in the Fillmore County Jail on Work Release and placed him on supervised probation for a period of five years. In addition, the Court ordered him to pay restitution and fines/fees totaling $1,090. He was also ordered to reimburse the State of Minnesota Public Defender's Fund $150 as partial reimbursement for attorney fees. If Mr. Volkman successfully completes his probation over the next five years, his felony conviction will be reduced to a misdemeanor.

Mariah Kay Musolf, a 21-year old female from Waltham, Minnesota, appeared before Judge Robert R. Benson in District Court on Monday, March 14, 2011, facing three counts involving terroristic threats, assault in the fifth degree and disorderly conduct. If convicted on all three counts, the defendant could face a maximum sentence of five years in prison, 180 days in jail and fines totaling $3,000.00. On February 11, 2011, Chatfield Police Officer Steve Schmiedeberg was dispatched to a residence in Chatfield where he spoke with a young lady who was visibly shaken and upset from listening to three voice mail messages the defendant had allegedly left on her phone. In these messages, the defendant had called her several obscene names and had left threats to harm and kill her along with certain members of her family. These calls were precipitated by Ms. Musolf's belief that this person had allegedly sent her emails containing a virus that had infected her computer. After taking a statement from the victim of these calls, Officer Schmiedeberg then contacted Ms. Musolf by telephone, and in that conversation she admitted to leaving those messages. Although the victim denies sending the infected messages, both women were advised to have no contact with one another. Judge Benson set unconditional bail at $10,000.00. Ms. Musolf's next court appearance has been set for April 25, 2011.

No Comments Yet. Be the first to comment!

Your comment submission is also an acknowledgement that this information may be reprinted in other formats such as the newspaper.

Studio A Photography