"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Grace L. Reicks, age 63, of Bella Vista, Ark., formerly of Preston, died March 1, 2003 in Preston.
Grace McCabe was born Sept. 15, 1939, in Harmony, the daughter of Richard and Gladys (Ryan) McCabe. She attended school in Harmony where she graduated in 1957. She married Robert Reicks on Oct. 11, 1958, in Harmony and the couple made their home in Des Moines, Iowa. They moved to Minneiska in 1964 and to Preston in 1965 where they owned and operated a meat locker. She also operated the Montgomery Wards store, the Auto License Bureau and B&B Bowl in Preston. In 1989, the couple moved to Bella Vista, where she worked at Wal-Mart and was a real estate agent. She was a member of St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista and was a former member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston. She also was a former member of the Preston Ambulance Service. She enjoyed friends and playing cards. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Kevin (Colleen) of Dallas and Kurt (Brenda) of Preston; two daughters, Kelly (Robert) Doherty of Preston and Kim (Russell) Helmick of Burleson, Texas; 10 grandchildren; four sisters, Alice McCabe of Seattle, Rosella (Roger) Peterson of Harmony, Donna (Joe) Weber of Springfield, Mo., and Marilyn (Joe) Schorr of Lansing, Iowa; and four brothers, Orvin McCabe of Georgia, Roger McCabe of Harmony, Charles (LaVonne) McCabe of Lanesboro and Jim (Jean) McCabe of Wyoming. She was preceded in death by a sister, two brothers and her parents. A funeral mass was March 4, 2003 in St. Columban Catholic Church, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Her body will be cremated and the ashes buried in St. Agnes Catholic Cemetery in Plymouth Rock, rural Canton. There will be a memorial service at a later date in St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista. Thauwald Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.