"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, November 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Grace L. Reicks, age 63, of Bella Vista, Ark., formerly of Preston, died March 1, 2003 in Preston.
Grace McCabe was born Sept. 15, 1939, in Harmony, the daughter of Richard and Gladys (Ryan) McCabe. She attended school in Harmony where she graduated in 1957. She married Robert Reicks on Oct. 11, 1958, in Harmony and the couple made their home in Des Moines, Iowa. They moved to Minneiska in 1964 and to Preston in 1965 where they owned and operated a meat locker. She also operated the Montgomery Wards store, the Auto License Bureau and B&B Bowl in Preston. In 1989, the couple moved to Bella Vista, where she worked at Wal-Mart and was a real estate agent. She was a member of St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista and was a former member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston. She also was a former member of the Preston Ambulance Service. She enjoyed friends and playing cards. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Kevin (Colleen) of Dallas and Kurt (Brenda) of Preston; two daughters, Kelly (Robert) Doherty of Preston and Kim (Russell) Helmick of Burleson, Texas; 10 grandchildren; four sisters, Alice McCabe of Seattle, Rosella (Roger) Peterson of Harmony, Donna (Joe) Weber of Springfield, Mo., and Marilyn (Joe) Schorr of Lansing, Iowa; and four brothers, Orvin McCabe of Georgia, Roger McCabe of Harmony, Charles (LaVonne) McCabe of Lanesboro and Jim (Jean) McCabe of Wyoming. She was preceded in death by a sister, two brothers and her parents. A funeral mass was March 4, 2003 in St. Columban Catholic Church, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Her body will be cremated and the ashes buried in St. Agnes Catholic Cemetery in Plymouth Rock, rural Canton. There will be a memorial service at a later date in St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista. Thauwald Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.