"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Grace L. Reicks, age 63, of Bella Vista, Ark., formerly of Preston, died March 1, 2003 in Preston.
Grace McCabe was born Sept. 15, 1939, in Harmony, the daughter of Richard and Gladys (Ryan) McCabe. She attended school in Harmony where she graduated in 1957. She married Robert Reicks on Oct. 11, 1958, in Harmony and the couple made their home in Des Moines, Iowa. They moved to Minneiska in 1964 and to Preston in 1965 where they owned and operated a meat locker. She also operated the Montgomery Wards store, the Auto License Bureau and B&B Bowl in Preston. In 1989, the couple moved to Bella Vista, where she worked at Wal-Mart and was a real estate agent. She was a member of St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista and was a former member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston. She also was a former member of the Preston Ambulance Service. She enjoyed friends and playing cards. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Kevin (Colleen) of Dallas and Kurt (Brenda) of Preston; two daughters, Kelly (Robert) Doherty of Preston and Kim (Russell) Helmick of Burleson, Texas; 10 grandchildren; four sisters, Alice McCabe of Seattle, Rosella (Roger) Peterson of Harmony, Donna (Joe) Weber of Springfield, Mo., and Marilyn (Joe) Schorr of Lansing, Iowa; and four brothers, Orvin McCabe of Georgia, Roger McCabe of Harmony, Charles (LaVonne) McCabe of Lanesboro and Jim (Jean) McCabe of Wyoming. She was preceded in death by a sister, two brothers and her parents. A funeral mass was March 4, 2003 in St. Columban Catholic Church, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Her body will be cremated and the ashes buried in St. Agnes Catholic Cemetery in Plymouth Rock, rural Canton. There will be a memorial service at a later date in St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista. Thauwald Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.