"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Grace L. Reicks, age 63, of Bella Vista, Ark., formerly of Preston, died March 1, 2003 in Preston.
Grace McCabe was born Sept. 15, 1939, in Harmony, the daughter of Richard and Gladys (Ryan) McCabe. She attended school in Harmony where she graduated in 1957. She married Robert Reicks on Oct. 11, 1958, in Harmony and the couple made their home in Des Moines, Iowa. They moved to Minneiska in 1964 and to Preston in 1965 where they owned and operated a meat locker. She also operated the Montgomery Wards store, the Auto License Bureau and B&B Bowl in Preston. In 1989, the couple moved to Bella Vista, where she worked at Wal-Mart and was a real estate agent. She was a member of St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista and was a former member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston. She also was a former member of the Preston Ambulance Service. She enjoyed friends and playing cards. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Kevin (Colleen) of Dallas and Kurt (Brenda) of Preston; two daughters, Kelly (Robert) Doherty of Preston and Kim (Russell) Helmick of Burleson, Texas; 10 grandchildren; four sisters, Alice McCabe of Seattle, Rosella (Roger) Peterson of Harmony, Donna (Joe) Weber of Springfield, Mo., and Marilyn (Joe) Schorr of Lansing, Iowa; and four brothers, Orvin McCabe of Georgia, Roger McCabe of Harmony, Charles (LaVonne) McCabe of Lanesboro and Jim (Jean) McCabe of Wyoming. She was preceded in death by a sister, two brothers and her parents. A funeral mass was March 4, 2003 in St. Columban Catholic Church, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Her body will be cremated and the ashes buried in St. Agnes Catholic Cemetery in Plymouth Rock, rural Canton. There will be a memorial service at a later date in St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista. Thauwald Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.