"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Mar 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Grace L. Reicks, age 63, of Bella Vista, Ark., formerly of Preston, died March 1, 2003 in Preston.
Grace McCabe was born Sept. 15, 1939, in Harmony, the daughter of Richard and Gladys (Ryan) McCabe. She attended school in Harmony where she graduated in 1957. She married Robert Reicks on Oct. 11, 1958, in Harmony and the couple made their home in Des Moines, Iowa. They moved to Minneiska in 1964 and to Preston in 1965 where they owned and operated a meat locker. She also operated the Montgomery Wards store, the Auto License Bureau and B&B Bowl in Preston. In 1989, the couple moved to Bella Vista, where she worked at Wal-Mart and was a real estate agent. She was a member of St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista and was a former member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston. She also was a former member of the Preston Ambulance Service. She enjoyed friends and playing cards. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Kevin (Colleen) of Dallas and Kurt (Brenda) of Preston; two daughters, Kelly (Robert) Doherty of Preston and Kim (Russell) Helmick of Burleson, Texas; 10 grandchildren; four sisters, Alice McCabe of Seattle, Rosella (Roger) Peterson of Harmony, Donna (Joe) Weber of Springfield, Mo., and Marilyn (Joe) Schorr of Lansing, Iowa; and four brothers, Orvin McCabe of Georgia, Roger McCabe of Harmony, Charles (LaVonne) McCabe of Lanesboro and Jim (Jean) McCabe of Wyoming. She was preceded in death by a sister, two brothers and her parents. A funeral mass was March 4, 2003 in St. Columban Catholic Church, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Her body will be cremated and the ashes buried in St. Agnes Catholic Cemetery in Plymouth Rock, rural Canton. There will be a memorial service at a later date in St. Bernard Catholic Church in Bella Vista. Thauwald Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.