"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 8th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon P. Rushton, 78, of Preston, died March 11, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Born April 18, 1924, in Walsall, Saffordshire, England, he moved to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with his family in 1925 and attended school there. He joined St. John's Cadet Corps and achieved the rank of sergeant in the 24th Field Ambulance Unit. In 1940 he began working as a draftsman at Canadian Blower and Forge. He attended Galt Aircraft School and St. Thomas Technical Training School, and in 1944 joined the Royal Canadian Air Force as part of the Yorkshire Bomber Command and was sent to Belgium following VE Day. After his discharge in April 1946, he returned to Canadian Blower and Forge. On Sept. 6, 1947, he married Bernice Viola Egerdee. The family moved to California in 1955 and lived in Los Angeles for 10 years, in San Diego for 13 years and in Escondido for four years. His wife died Nov. 25, 1990. After retiring in 1992 he lived in Dundee, Iowa, until moving to Preston in 1998. Mr. Rushton was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. He had been active in scouting and enjoyed target shooting. Survivors include two sons, Frederick (Sue) of San Diego and the Rev. James (Jeneane) of Preston; six grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a sister, Dorothy (Norm) Wallis of London, Ontario. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf co-officiating. The body will be cremated after the service. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.