"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon P. Rushton, 78, of Preston, died March 11, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Born April 18, 1924, in Walsall, Saffordshire, England, he moved to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with his family in 1925 and attended school there. He joined St. John's Cadet Corps and achieved the rank of sergeant in the 24th Field Ambulance Unit. In 1940 he began working as a draftsman at Canadian Blower and Forge. He attended Galt Aircraft School and St. Thomas Technical Training School, and in 1944 joined the Royal Canadian Air Force as part of the Yorkshire Bomber Command and was sent to Belgium following VE Day. After his discharge in April 1946, he returned to Canadian Blower and Forge. On Sept. 6, 1947, he married Bernice Viola Egerdee. The family moved to California in 1955 and lived in Los Angeles for 10 years, in San Diego for 13 years and in Escondido for four years. His wife died Nov. 25, 1990. After retiring in 1992 he lived in Dundee, Iowa, until moving to Preston in 1998. Mr. Rushton was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. He had been active in scouting and enjoyed target shooting. Survivors include two sons, Frederick (Sue) of San Diego and the Rev. James (Jeneane) of Preston; six grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a sister, Dorothy (Norm) Wallis of London, Ontario. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf co-officiating. The body will be cremated after the service. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.