"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon P. Rushton, 78, of Preston, died March 11, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Born April 18, 1924, in Walsall, Saffordshire, England, he moved to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with his family in 1925 and attended school there. He joined St. John's Cadet Corps and achieved the rank of sergeant in the 24th Field Ambulance Unit. In 1940 he began working as a draftsman at Canadian Blower and Forge. He attended Galt Aircraft School and St. Thomas Technical Training School, and in 1944 joined the Royal Canadian Air Force as part of the Yorkshire Bomber Command and was sent to Belgium following VE Day. After his discharge in April 1946, he returned to Canadian Blower and Forge. On Sept. 6, 1947, he married Bernice Viola Egerdee. The family moved to California in 1955 and lived in Los Angeles for 10 years, in San Diego for 13 years and in Escondido for four years. His wife died Nov. 25, 1990. After retiring in 1992 he lived in Dundee, Iowa, until moving to Preston in 1998. Mr. Rushton was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. He had been active in scouting and enjoyed target shooting. Survivors include two sons, Frederick (Sue) of San Diego and the Rev. James (Jeneane) of Preston; six grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a sister, Dorothy (Norm) Wallis of London, Ontario. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf co-officiating. The body will be cremated after the service. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.