"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon P. Rushton, 78, of Preston, died March 11, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Born April 18, 1924, in Walsall, Saffordshire, England, he moved to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with his family in 1925 and attended school there. He joined St. John's Cadet Corps and achieved the rank of sergeant in the 24th Field Ambulance Unit. In 1940 he began working as a draftsman at Canadian Blower and Forge. He attended Galt Aircraft School and St. Thomas Technical Training School, and in 1944 joined the Royal Canadian Air Force as part of the Yorkshire Bomber Command and was sent to Belgium following VE Day. After his discharge in April 1946, he returned to Canadian Blower and Forge. On Sept. 6, 1947, he married Bernice Viola Egerdee. The family moved to California in 1955 and lived in Los Angeles for 10 years, in San Diego for 13 years and in Escondido for four years. His wife died Nov. 25, 1990. After retiring in 1992 he lived in Dundee, Iowa, until moving to Preston in 1998. Mr. Rushton was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. He had been active in scouting and enjoyed target shooting. Survivors include two sons, Frederick (Sue) of San Diego and the Rev. James (Jeneane) of Preston; six grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a sister, Dorothy (Norm) Wallis of London, Ontario. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf co-officiating. The body will be cremated after the service. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.