"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon P. Rushton, 78, of Preston, died March 11, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Born April 18, 1924, in Walsall, Saffordshire, England, he moved to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with his family in 1925 and attended school there. He joined St. John's Cadet Corps and achieved the rank of sergeant in the 24th Field Ambulance Unit. In 1940 he began working as a draftsman at Canadian Blower and Forge. He attended Galt Aircraft School and St. Thomas Technical Training School, and in 1944 joined the Royal Canadian Air Force as part of the Yorkshire Bomber Command and was sent to Belgium following VE Day. After his discharge in April 1946, he returned to Canadian Blower and Forge. On Sept. 6, 1947, he married Bernice Viola Egerdee. The family moved to California in 1955 and lived in Los Angeles for 10 years, in San Diego for 13 years and in Escondido for four years. His wife died Nov. 25, 1990. After retiring in 1992 he lived in Dundee, Iowa, until moving to Preston in 1998. Mr. Rushton was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. He had been active in scouting and enjoyed target shooting. Survivors include two sons, Frederick (Sue) of San Diego and the Rev. James (Jeneane) of Preston; six grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a sister, Dorothy (Norm) Wallis of London, Ontario. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf co-officiating. The body will be cremated after the service. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.