"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - email@example.com - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
- 5:54:41, Dec 8th 2014 - WoW! - Fountainfarmer no serious Axe to grind and definitely not faceless gossip. Peop ... [Read More]
- 5:17:00, Dec 8th 2014 - Pastor Mark - Sounds like a great trip. Good for you Paul! Hope to see some of your pi ... [Read More]
- 1:58:52, Dec 8th 2014 - FountainFarmer - WoW! You're just commenting on an article that was posted back in Ju ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary L. Ostby, 67, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died March 11, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital, where she had been a patient since March 7.
Mary L. Mahan was born Nov. 10, 1935, in Bonair, Iowa, and graduated from high school in Lime Springs. On June 8, 1956, she married Henry "Hank" Ostby in Austin. They lived in Lime Springs until 1966, then in Harmony for 10 years and La Crescent for five years before moving to Chatfield in 1981. She worked in maintenance at Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield for 20 years. Her husband was employed by Peoples Natural Gas for 28 years and the couple had owned and operated several cafes, including in Lime Springs and Fayette, Iowa, and Preston. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Terry (Rhonda) of Fountain and Thomas (Karen) of Rochester; four grandchildren; a great-grandson; and four sisters, Marlys (Bob) Barker of Winona, Margaret Hoover of Rochester, Madonna Casey of Dublin, Calif., and Marcia (Farokh) DeBoo of Los Altos Hills, Calif. The funeral was March 13, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Linda Johnson Prestholt officiating. Spring burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs, Iowa.