"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 6th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:13:12, Dec 5th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63, There was no response to my question when people voted. M ... [Read More]
- 11:57:23, Dec 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @SV 85, my goodness. What a testy post. Did recent events leave your skiv ... [Read More]
- 1:27:45, Dec 4th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, nope. The American voters already provided our response when we v ... [Read More]
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary L. Ostby, 67, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died March 11, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital, where she had been a patient since March 7.
Mary L. Mahan was born Nov. 10, 1935, in Bonair, Iowa, and graduated from high school in Lime Springs. On June 8, 1956, she married Henry "Hank" Ostby in Austin. They lived in Lime Springs until 1966, then in Harmony for 10 years and La Crescent for five years before moving to Chatfield in 1981. She worked in maintenance at Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield for 20 years. Her husband was employed by Peoples Natural Gas for 28 years and the couple had owned and operated several cafes, including in Lime Springs and Fayette, Iowa, and Preston. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Terry (Rhonda) of Fountain and Thomas (Karen) of Rochester; four grandchildren; a great-grandson; and four sisters, Marlys (Bob) Barker of Winona, Margaret Hoover of Rochester, Madonna Casey of Dublin, Calif., and Marcia (Farokh) DeBoo of Los Altos Hills, Calif. The funeral was March 13, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Linda Johnson Prestholt officiating. Spring burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs, Iowa.