"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary L. Ostby, 67, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died March 11, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital, where she had been a patient since March 7.
Mary L. Mahan was born Nov. 10, 1935, in Bonair, Iowa, and graduated from high school in Lime Springs. On June 8, 1956, she married Henry "Hank" Ostby in Austin. They lived in Lime Springs until 1966, then in Harmony for 10 years and La Crescent for five years before moving to Chatfield in 1981. She worked in maintenance at Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield for 20 years. Her husband was employed by Peoples Natural Gas for 28 years and the couple had owned and operated several cafes, including in Lime Springs and Fayette, Iowa, and Preston. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Terry (Rhonda) of Fountain and Thomas (Karen) of Rochester; four grandchildren; a great-grandson; and four sisters, Marlys (Bob) Barker of Winona, Margaret Hoover of Rochester, Madonna Casey of Dublin, Calif., and Marcia (Farokh) DeBoo of Los Altos Hills, Calif. The funeral was March 13, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Linda Johnson Prestholt officiating. Spring burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs, Iowa.