"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary L. Ostby, 67, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died March 11, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital, where she had been a patient since March 7.
Mary L. Mahan was born Nov. 10, 1935, in Bonair, Iowa, and graduated from high school in Lime Springs. On June 8, 1956, she married Henry "Hank" Ostby in Austin. They lived in Lime Springs until 1966, then in Harmony for 10 years and La Crescent for five years before moving to Chatfield in 1981. She worked in maintenance at Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield for 20 years. Her husband was employed by Peoples Natural Gas for 28 years and the couple had owned and operated several cafes, including in Lime Springs and Fayette, Iowa, and Preston. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Terry (Rhonda) of Fountain and Thomas (Karen) of Rochester; four grandchildren; a great-grandson; and four sisters, Marlys (Bob) Barker of Winona, Margaret Hoover of Rochester, Madonna Casey of Dublin, Calif., and Marcia (Farokh) DeBoo of Los Altos Hills, Calif. The funeral was March 13, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Linda Johnson Prestholt officiating. Spring burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs, Iowa.