"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary L. Ostby, 67, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died March 11, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital, where she had been a patient since March 7.
Mary L. Mahan was born Nov. 10, 1935, in Bonair, Iowa, and graduated from high school in Lime Springs. On June 8, 1956, she married Henry "Hank" Ostby in Austin. They lived in Lime Springs until 1966, then in Harmony for 10 years and La Crescent for five years before moving to Chatfield in 1981. She worked in maintenance at Tuohy Furniture in Chatfield for 20 years. Her husband was employed by Peoples Natural Gas for 28 years and the couple had owned and operated several cafes, including in Lime Springs and Fayette, Iowa, and Preston. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Terry (Rhonda) of Fountain and Thomas (Karen) of Rochester; four grandchildren; a great-grandson; and four sisters, Marlys (Bob) Barker of Winona, Margaret Hoover of Rochester, Madonna Casey of Dublin, Calif., and Marcia (Farokh) DeBoo of Los Altos Hills, Calif. The funeral was March 13, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Linda Johnson Prestholt officiating. Spring burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Lime Springs, Iowa.