"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna L. Larson, 82 of Houston, Minn., died March 7, 2003 at the Valley View Nursing Home.
She was born May 5, 1920, in Money Creek, Minn. to Edward and Emma (Buchholz) McElmury. In 1943, Verna married Carroll (Cy) Larson in Milwaukee, Wis. The couple lived in Houston since 1950. She was actively involved all of her life in the Money Creek United Methodist Church and served as Treasurer and Sunday school teacher, sang in the choir and was active with the United Methodist Women. She worked for many years at Skifton’s Department Store in Houston. Verna is survived by her husband, Cy, of Houston; daughters Barbara (David) Guimond of Bloomington, Minn., Elizabeth (Dennis) Tracy of Venice, Florida; daughters of her heart, Phyllis Egland of Rochester, Minn. and Lois (Ivan) McElhiney of LaCrescent, Minn.; three grandchildren; two brothers, Harry McElmury of Lakeville, Minn. and Lester McEimury of Lewiston, Minn.. A memorial service was held March 15, 2003 at the Money Creek United Methodist Church with a private burial service at a later date at the Choice Cemetery, Choice, Minn.