"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my voteđź‘Ť - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna L. Larson, 82 of Houston, Minn., died March 7, 2003 at the Valley View Nursing Home.
She was born May 5, 1920, in Money Creek, Minn. to Edward and Emma (Buchholz) McElmury. In 1943, Verna married Carroll (Cy) Larson in Milwaukee, Wis. The couple lived in Houston since 1950. She was actively involved all of her life in the Money Creek United Methodist Church and served as Treasurer and Sunday school teacher, sang in the choir and was active with the United Methodist Women. She worked for many years at Skifton’s Department Store in Houston. Verna is survived by her husband, Cy, of Houston; daughters Barbara (David) Guimond of Bloomington, Minn., Elizabeth (Dennis) Tracy of Venice, Florida; daughters of her heart, Phyllis Egland of Rochester, Minn. and Lois (Ivan) McElhiney of LaCrescent, Minn.; three grandchildren; two brothers, Harry McElmury of Lakeville, Minn. and Lester McEimury of Lewiston, Minn.. A memorial service was held March 15, 2003 at the Money Creek United Methodist Church with a private burial service at a later date at the Choice Cemetery, Choice, Minn.