"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:02:04, Sep 4th 2015 - sack attack - LOL ... [Read More]
- 12:41:09, Sep 4th 2015 - - Lol, she lost ... [Read More]
- 4:39:01, Sep 3rd 2015 - hum - Yuck! ... [Read More]
- 1:53:16, Sep 3rd 2015 - LOLZ - I think I hear a four barrel. No, its's just a conservative blockhead still in ... [Read More]
- 1:36:21, Sep 3rd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ sosad- "bullheaded" and "jerk" I almost had my feelings hurt there fo ... [Read More]
- 10:30:02, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - While I'm at it, no, you are not right to assume anything about me. Althoug ... [Read More]
- 10:21:27, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - Here is another word for you, 'bullheaded'. It's an adjective, and means 'o ... [Read More]
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna L. Larson, 82 of Houston, Minn., died March 7, 2003 at the Valley View Nursing Home.
She was born May 5, 1920, in Money Creek, Minn. to Edward and Emma (Buchholz) McElmury. In 1943, Verna married Carroll (Cy) Larson in Milwaukee, Wis. The couple lived in Houston since 1950. She was actively involved all of her life in the Money Creek United Methodist Church and served as Treasurer and Sunday school teacher, sang in the choir and was active with the United Methodist Women. She worked for many years at Skifton’s Department Store in Houston. Verna is survived by her husband, Cy, of Houston; daughters Barbara (David) Guimond of Bloomington, Minn., Elizabeth (Dennis) Tracy of Venice, Florida; daughters of her heart, Phyllis Egland of Rochester, Minn. and Lois (Ivan) McElhiney of LaCrescent, Minn.; three grandchildren; two brothers, Harry McElmury of Lakeville, Minn. and Lester McEimury of Lewiston, Minn.. A memorial service was held March 15, 2003 at the Money Creek United Methodist Church with a private burial service at a later date at the Choice Cemetery, Choice, Minn.