"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, December 4th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
- 10:35:25, Nov 6th 2013 - bwenthold - This student wrote honestly and maturely on a topic that is a danger to o ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theonal R. 'Bud' Johnson, 86, of rural Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 9, 2003 at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis.
Theonal was born Nov. 18, 1916, in rural Highland, the son of Ludvig and Mildred (Skallet) Johnson. He grew up in the area, attended a country school and, after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1935, worked on the family farm. He also worked at Trane Co. in La Crosse and on a wheat ranch in Montana for three seasons. In 1948, he and his brother purchased the farm in rural Wykoff, where he farmed until the time of his death. On March 3, 1955, he married Mildred Barchent Groth in Wykoff. Mr. Johnson was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, a former member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff and served on the council of both congregations. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Shirley (Eddie) Voll of Waukesha, Wis.; a son, Verlyn of Wykoff; a granddaughter; and a brother, Carmen (Phyllis) Johnson of rural Highland. The funeral was March 14, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.