"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theonal R. 'Bud' Johnson, 86, of rural Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 9, 2003 at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis.
Theonal was born Nov. 18, 1916, in rural Highland, the son of Ludvig and Mildred (Skallet) Johnson. He grew up in the area, attended a country school and, after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1935, worked on the family farm. He also worked at Trane Co. in La Crosse and on a wheat ranch in Montana for three seasons. In 1948, he and his brother purchased the farm in rural Wykoff, where he farmed until the time of his death. On March 3, 1955, he married Mildred Barchent Groth in Wykoff. Mr. Johnson was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, a former member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff and served on the council of both congregations. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Shirley (Eddie) Voll of Waukesha, Wis.; a son, Verlyn of Wykoff; a granddaughter; and a brother, Carmen (Phyllis) Johnson of rural Highland. The funeral was March 14, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.