"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theonal R. 'Bud' Johnson, 86, of rural Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 9, 2003 at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis.
Theonal was born Nov. 18, 1916, in rural Highland, the son of Ludvig and Mildred (Skallet) Johnson. He grew up in the area, attended a country school and, after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1935, worked on the family farm. He also worked at Trane Co. in La Crosse and on a wheat ranch in Montana for three seasons. In 1948, he and his brother purchased the farm in rural Wykoff, where he farmed until the time of his death. On March 3, 1955, he married Mildred Barchent Groth in Wykoff. Mr. Johnson was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, a former member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff and served on the council of both congregations. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Shirley (Eddie) Voll of Waukesha, Wis.; a son, Verlyn of Wykoff; a granddaughter; and a brother, Carmen (Phyllis) Johnson of rural Highland. The funeral was March 14, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.