"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theonal R. 'Bud' Johnson, 86, of rural Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 9, 2003 at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis.
Theonal was born Nov. 18, 1916, in rural Highland, the son of Ludvig and Mildred (Skallet) Johnson. He grew up in the area, attended a country school and, after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1935, worked on the family farm. He also worked at Trane Co. in La Crosse and on a wheat ranch in Montana for three seasons. In 1948, he and his brother purchased the farm in rural Wykoff, where he farmed until the time of his death. On March 3, 1955, he married Mildred Barchent Groth in Wykoff. Mr. Johnson was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, a former member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff and served on the council of both congregations. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Shirley (Eddie) Voll of Waukesha, Wis.; a son, Verlyn of Wykoff; a granddaughter; and a brother, Carmen (Phyllis) Johnson of rural Highland. The funeral was March 14, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.