"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 15th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
- 3:43:26, Sep 6th 2014 - CBJapan - The article endorses my view here in Japan. My thought; http://conserva ... [Read More]
- 6:11:27, Sep 5th 2014 - justdontgetit - The one kid turned 15 in Nov. Of 2013 ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Theonal R. 'Bud' Johnson, 86, of rural Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 9, 2003 at Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis.
Theonal was born Nov. 18, 1916, in rural Highland, the son of Ludvig and Mildred (Skallet) Johnson. He grew up in the area, attended a country school and, after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1935, worked on the family farm. He also worked at Trane Co. in La Crosse and on a wheat ranch in Montana for three seasons. In 1948, he and his brother purchased the farm in rural Wykoff, where he farmed until the time of his death. On March 3, 1955, he married Mildred Barchent Groth in Wykoff. Mr. Johnson was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, a former member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wykoff and served on the council of both congregations. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Shirley (Eddie) Voll of Waukesha, Wis.; a son, Verlyn of Wykoff; a granddaughter; and a brother, Carmen (Phyllis) Johnson of rural Highland. The funeral was March 14, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.