"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 7th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:35:24, Feb 7th 2016 - Slate7 - Looks like the flood destroyed Rushford after all. What happened to the stro ... [Read More]
- 5:15:31, Feb 6th 2016 - @respect - "They don't go out of their way to disrespect until disrespect is thrown at ... [Read More]
- 3:28:56, Feb 6th 2016 - Farmer - WOW! Hope you have more life jackets because now that you have actually put y ... [Read More]
- 12:16:49, Feb 6th 2016 - EagleGolfer - @Mr. Terbeest Oh, yeah, I get it. All those Chicago gang killings ov ... [Read More]
- 11:38:29, Feb 6th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 Okay, I got it. You never have written a signed commentary to the ... [Read More]
- 10:44:04, Feb 6th 2016 - - Such drama. JUMP, I have a spare life jacket I'll give you for free. ... [Read More]
- 4:32:19, Feb 6th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr. Terbeest, You have described the modus operando of the ultra liberal c ... [Read More]
- 8:40:46, Feb 5th 2016 - - Not quite like that, the ship can sail any way it wishes but why am I forced to pay ... [Read More]
- 6:21:28, Feb 5th 2016 - respect - Reply to whocarez: Saying that they can travel to Minneapolis is both disre ... [Read More]
- 3:13:15, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - OK, this is a bizarre situation. You guys are doing exactly what you are a ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Leo Horan, 86, of McGregor, Minn., formerly of Chatfield, died March 10, 2003 at his home on Lake Minnewawa.
He was born Aug. 29, 1916, in Winneshiek County, Iowa, and moved to Minnesota as a child. He farmed in the Rochester and Chatfield areas until moving to the McGregor area in 1979 and was a member of the Chatfield School Board and DHIA. He was a member of the Lake Minnewawa Lake Association, Weed Harvesters, Aitkin County Lake Organization, Big Sandy Watershed, Schwimm, Aitkin County Commission on Aging and Seven County Senior Federation and was a food shelf volunteer. In 1998 he and his wife were named Aitkin County Outstanding Seniors. Survivors include his wife, the former Florence Doll; three daughters, Donna (John) Amundson of Chatfield, Mary Baker of Rochester and Joan (John) McCallum of Oakton, Va.; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two brothers, Merlin (Deloris) of Rochester and Jerry (Vivian) of Oakdale, Minn.; and four sisters, Dorothy (Walter) Hofner and Sharon Hanson, both of Rochester, Donna (Ordean) Thompson of Texas and Catherine (Ordean) Lexvold of Lino Lakes, Minn. Two sisters and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Holy Family Catholic Church in McGregor, Minn., with the Rev. James Remmerswaal officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. McGregor Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.