"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Leo Horan, 86, of McGregor, Minn., formerly of Chatfield, died March 10, 2003 at his home on Lake Minnewawa.
He was born Aug. 29, 1916, in Winneshiek County, Iowa, and moved to Minnesota as a child. He farmed in the Rochester and Chatfield areas until moving to the McGregor area in 1979 and was a member of the Chatfield School Board and DHIA. He was a member of the Lake Minnewawa Lake Association, Weed Harvesters, Aitkin County Lake Organization, Big Sandy Watershed, Schwimm, Aitkin County Commission on Aging and Seven County Senior Federation and was a food shelf volunteer. In 1998 he and his wife were named Aitkin County Outstanding Seniors. Survivors include his wife, the former Florence Doll; three daughters, Donna (John) Amundson of Chatfield, Mary Baker of Rochester and Joan (John) McCallum of Oakton, Va.; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two brothers, Merlin (Deloris) of Rochester and Jerry (Vivian) of Oakdale, Minn.; and four sisters, Dorothy (Walter) Hofner and Sharon Hanson, both of Rochester, Donna (Ordean) Thompson of Texas and Catherine (Ordean) Lexvold of Lino Lakes, Minn. Two sisters and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Holy Family Catholic Church in McGregor, Minn., with the Rev. James Remmerswaal officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. McGregor Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.