"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 8th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Leo Horan, 86, of McGregor, Minn., formerly of Chatfield, died March 10, 2003 at his home on Lake Minnewawa.
He was born Aug. 29, 1916, in Winneshiek County, Iowa, and moved to Minnesota as a child. He farmed in the Rochester and Chatfield areas until moving to the McGregor area in 1979 and was a member of the Chatfield School Board and DHIA. He was a member of the Lake Minnewawa Lake Association, Weed Harvesters, Aitkin County Lake Organization, Big Sandy Watershed, Schwimm, Aitkin County Commission on Aging and Seven County Senior Federation and was a food shelf volunteer. In 1998 he and his wife were named Aitkin County Outstanding Seniors. Survivors include his wife, the former Florence Doll; three daughters, Donna (John) Amundson of Chatfield, Mary Baker of Rochester and Joan (John) McCallum of Oakton, Va.; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two brothers, Merlin (Deloris) of Rochester and Jerry (Vivian) of Oakdale, Minn.; and four sisters, Dorothy (Walter) Hofner and Sharon Hanson, both of Rochester, Donna (Ordean) Thompson of Texas and Catherine (Ordean) Lexvold of Lino Lakes, Minn. Two sisters and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Holy Family Catholic Church in McGregor, Minn., with the Rev. James Remmerswaal officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. McGregor Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.