"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Leo Horan, 86, of McGregor, Minn., formerly of Chatfield, died March 10, 2003 at his home on Lake Minnewawa.
He was born Aug. 29, 1916, in Winneshiek County, Iowa, and moved to Minnesota as a child. He farmed in the Rochester and Chatfield areas until moving to the McGregor area in 1979 and was a member of the Chatfield School Board and DHIA. He was a member of the Lake Minnewawa Lake Association, Weed Harvesters, Aitkin County Lake Organization, Big Sandy Watershed, Schwimm, Aitkin County Commission on Aging and Seven County Senior Federation and was a food shelf volunteer. In 1998 he and his wife were named Aitkin County Outstanding Seniors. Survivors include his wife, the former Florence Doll; three daughters, Donna (John) Amundson of Chatfield, Mary Baker of Rochester and Joan (John) McCallum of Oakton, Va.; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two brothers, Merlin (Deloris) of Rochester and Jerry (Vivian) of Oakdale, Minn.; and four sisters, Dorothy (Walter) Hofner and Sharon Hanson, both of Rochester, Donna (Ordean) Thompson of Texas and Catherine (Ordean) Lexvold of Lino Lakes, Minn. Two sisters and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Holy Family Catholic Church in McGregor, Minn., with the Rev. James Remmerswaal officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. McGregor Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.