"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Leo Horan, 86, of McGregor, Minn., formerly of Chatfield, died March 10, 2003 at his home on Lake Minnewawa.
He was born Aug. 29, 1916, in Winneshiek County, Iowa, and moved to Minnesota as a child. He farmed in the Rochester and Chatfield areas until moving to the McGregor area in 1979 and was a member of the Chatfield School Board and DHIA. He was a member of the Lake Minnewawa Lake Association, Weed Harvesters, Aitkin County Lake Organization, Big Sandy Watershed, Schwimm, Aitkin County Commission on Aging and Seven County Senior Federation and was a food shelf volunteer. In 1998 he and his wife were named Aitkin County Outstanding Seniors. Survivors include his wife, the former Florence Doll; three daughters, Donna (John) Amundson of Chatfield, Mary Baker of Rochester and Joan (John) McCallum of Oakton, Va.; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two brothers, Merlin (Deloris) of Rochester and Jerry (Vivian) of Oakdale, Minn.; and four sisters, Dorothy (Walter) Hofner and Sharon Hanson, both of Rochester, Donna (Ordean) Thompson of Texas and Catherine (Ordean) Lexvold of Lino Lakes, Minn. Two sisters and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral was March 15, 2003 at Holy Family Catholic Church in McGregor, Minn., with the Rev. James Remmerswaal officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. McGregor Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.