"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 13th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Elaine Walsh, 65, of rural Lanesboro, a homemaker, died March 15, 2003 at her home of cancer.
Joyce Elaine Fowler was born Aug. 8, 1937, in Blairsburg, Iowa, graduated from Hansell, Iowa, High School and attended St. Theresa’s College in Winona. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Michael Lawrence Walsh at St. Patrick’s Church in Hampton, Iowa. They lived in Chanhassen, Minn., for 34 years and moved to rural Lanesboro following retirement five years ago. Her husband is retired from Lutheran Brotherhood Insurance. Mrs. Walsh was a member and volunteer at St. Hubert’s Parish in Chanhassen and coached girls softball there. She was a member of St. Patrick’s Parish in Lanesboro, and enjoyed flower and vegetable gardening, painting, sewing and crafts. Survivors include her husband; four sons, Martin (Cindy) of Chaska, Minn., Jack (Sydney) of Duluth, Matt of Index, Wash., and Mike of St. Louis Park, Minn.; two daughters, Jane (Scott) Kudlas of Richmond, Va., and Maura (Mark) Olson of St. Louis Park, Minn.; eight grandchildren; three brothers, James (Mary) Fowler of Wheatland, Wyo., Jerry (Donna) Fowler of Cedarville, Wis., and Joe Fowler of Cumming, Ga., and three sisters, Janis (Gerry) Peterson of Davis, Calif., Jean Bodensteiner of Nevada, Iowa, and June (Jim) Mackey of Richmond, Ind. A brother and an infant sister preceded her in death. The funeral was March 20, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.