"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Elaine Walsh, 65, of rural Lanesboro, a homemaker, died March 15, 2003 at her home of cancer.
Joyce Elaine Fowler was born Aug. 8, 1937, in Blairsburg, Iowa, graduated from Hansell, Iowa, High School and attended St. Theresa’s College in Winona. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Michael Lawrence Walsh at St. Patrick’s Church in Hampton, Iowa. They lived in Chanhassen, Minn., for 34 years and moved to rural Lanesboro following retirement five years ago. Her husband is retired from Lutheran Brotherhood Insurance. Mrs. Walsh was a member and volunteer at St. Hubert’s Parish in Chanhassen and coached girls softball there. She was a member of St. Patrick’s Parish in Lanesboro, and enjoyed flower and vegetable gardening, painting, sewing and crafts. Survivors include her husband; four sons, Martin (Cindy) of Chaska, Minn., Jack (Sydney) of Duluth, Matt of Index, Wash., and Mike of St. Louis Park, Minn.; two daughters, Jane (Scott) Kudlas of Richmond, Va., and Maura (Mark) Olson of St. Louis Park, Minn.; eight grandchildren; three brothers, James (Mary) Fowler of Wheatland, Wyo., Jerry (Donna) Fowler of Cedarville, Wis., and Joe Fowler of Cumming, Ga., and three sisters, Janis (Gerry) Peterson of Davis, Calif., Jean Bodensteiner of Nevada, Iowa, and June (Jim) Mackey of Richmond, Ind. A brother and an infant sister preceded her in death. The funeral was March 20, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.