"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my voteđź‘Ť - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Elaine Walsh, 65, of rural Lanesboro, a homemaker, died March 15, 2003 at her home of cancer.
Joyce Elaine Fowler was born Aug. 8, 1937, in Blairsburg, Iowa, graduated from Hansell, Iowa, High School and attended St. Theresa’s College in Winona. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Michael Lawrence Walsh at St. Patrick’s Church in Hampton, Iowa. They lived in Chanhassen, Minn., for 34 years and moved to rural Lanesboro following retirement five years ago. Her husband is retired from Lutheran Brotherhood Insurance. Mrs. Walsh was a member and volunteer at St. Hubert’s Parish in Chanhassen and coached girls softball there. She was a member of St. Patrick’s Parish in Lanesboro, and enjoyed flower and vegetable gardening, painting, sewing and crafts. Survivors include her husband; four sons, Martin (Cindy) of Chaska, Minn., Jack (Sydney) of Duluth, Matt of Index, Wash., and Mike of St. Louis Park, Minn.; two daughters, Jane (Scott) Kudlas of Richmond, Va., and Maura (Mark) Olson of St. Louis Park, Minn.; eight grandchildren; three brothers, James (Mary) Fowler of Wheatland, Wyo., Jerry (Donna) Fowler of Cedarville, Wis., and Joe Fowler of Cumming, Ga., and three sisters, Janis (Gerry) Peterson of Davis, Calif., Jean Bodensteiner of Nevada, Iowa, and June (Jim) Mackey of Richmond, Ind. A brother and an infant sister preceded her in death. The funeral was March 20, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.