"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Mar 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Elaine Walsh, 65, of rural Lanesboro, a homemaker, died March 15, 2003 at her home of cancer.
Joyce Elaine Fowler was born Aug. 8, 1937, in Blairsburg, Iowa, graduated from Hansell, Iowa, High School and attended St. Theresa’s College in Winona. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Michael Lawrence Walsh at St. Patrick’s Church in Hampton, Iowa. They lived in Chanhassen, Minn., for 34 years and moved to rural Lanesboro following retirement five years ago. Her husband is retired from Lutheran Brotherhood Insurance. Mrs. Walsh was a member and volunteer at St. Hubert’s Parish in Chanhassen and coached girls softball there. She was a member of St. Patrick’s Parish in Lanesboro, and enjoyed flower and vegetable gardening, painting, sewing and crafts. Survivors include her husband; four sons, Martin (Cindy) of Chaska, Minn., Jack (Sydney) of Duluth, Matt of Index, Wash., and Mike of St. Louis Park, Minn.; two daughters, Jane (Scott) Kudlas of Richmond, Va., and Maura (Mark) Olson of St. Louis Park, Minn.; eight grandchildren; three brothers, James (Mary) Fowler of Wheatland, Wyo., Jerry (Donna) Fowler of Cedarville, Wis., and Joe Fowler of Cumming, Ga., and three sisters, Janis (Gerry) Peterson of Davis, Calif., Jean Bodensteiner of Nevada, Iowa, and June (Jim) Mackey of Richmond, Ind. A brother and an infant sister preceded her in death. The funeral was March 20, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.