"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
- 6:32:58, Feb 22nd 2014 - Journalreader - WOW is what i can say to this WOW. good job journal this is one heck ... [Read More]
- 2:05:11, Feb 21st 2014 - C1 - This is much worse then a hormone it is a foreign object being placed in your bo ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Elaine Walsh, 65, of rural Lanesboro, a homemaker, died March 15, 2003 at her home of cancer.
Joyce Elaine Fowler was born Aug. 8, 1937, in Blairsburg, Iowa, graduated from Hansell, Iowa, High School and attended St. Theresa’s College in Winona. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Michael Lawrence Walsh at St. Patrick’s Church in Hampton, Iowa. They lived in Chanhassen, Minn., for 34 years and moved to rural Lanesboro following retirement five years ago. Her husband is retired from Lutheran Brotherhood Insurance. Mrs. Walsh was a member and volunteer at St. Hubert’s Parish in Chanhassen and coached girls softball there. She was a member of St. Patrick’s Parish in Lanesboro, and enjoyed flower and vegetable gardening, painting, sewing and crafts. Survivors include her husband; four sons, Martin (Cindy) of Chaska, Minn., Jack (Sydney) of Duluth, Matt of Index, Wash., and Mike of St. Louis Park, Minn.; two daughters, Jane (Scott) Kudlas of Richmond, Va., and Maura (Mark) Olson of St. Louis Park, Minn.; eight grandchildren; three brothers, James (Mary) Fowler of Wheatland, Wyo., Jerry (Donna) Fowler of Cedarville, Wis., and Joe Fowler of Cumming, Ga., and three sisters, Janis (Gerry) Peterson of Davis, Calif., Jean Bodensteiner of Nevada, Iowa, and June (Jim) Mackey of Richmond, Ind. A brother and an infant sister preceded her in death. The funeral was March 20, 2003 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.