"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:19:22, Oct 29th 2014 - Proud of Jessie Street Java - What a great event, and hats off to Jessie Street Java ... [Read More]
- 5:07:18, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Huh....Kaase's son was a jailer then a part time deputy. If Tom wins i ... [Read More]
- 4:45:54, Oct 29th 2014 - Huh!!! - Bashing Mr. Miner over a failed gas station / grocery business in the little ... [Read More]
- 4:08:48, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Miner is a decent guy, but he doesn't have what it takes to be Sheriff ... [Read More]
- 11:50:32, Oct 29th 2014 - lets get this straight... - well concerned voter with your logic of thinking I would ... [Read More]
- 12:23:06, Oct 28th 2014 - Concerned Voter - Iknowsemn, you forgot to mention Tom Kasse's time on the Kingsland ... [Read More]
- 6:57:44, Oct 28th 2014 - whatever - So doc.....name them! ... [Read More]
- 9:14:13, Oct 27th 2014 - At remember - Don't worry, I highly doubt people are going to be taking advice from M ... [Read More]
- 1:20:47, Oct 27th 2014 - doc - Now and then I need a good chuckle. 97% of scientists disagree with you and you ... [Read More]
- 2:11:06, Oct 26th 2014 - Becky Hoff - I would just like to clarify that the Harmony Community Garden project ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maxine Tweten, 77, of Whalan, died March 23, 2003, at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Maxine Harriet Jorde was born on March 9, 1926, in LaCrosse, Wis. to Henry and Anna (Hovde) Jorde. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1944, and from Winona Business College. She worked at Tri- County Electric in Rushford. On March 17, 1951, she married Duane Tweten at Rushford Lutheran Church. She and Duane farmed in the Highland area and she also worked part time at the Highland Store. She was a member of the First Lutheran Church of Highland, its WELCA, and the Eunice Circle. Her interests included quilting, gardening, baking and going to her grandchildren’s activities. Maxine is survived by her husband, Duane; two daughters: Patricia (Alan) Kreidermacher of Altura, Minn. and Sharon Tweten of Winona; five grandchildren; and one brother, Harley (Norma) Jorde of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents and a nephew. The funeral service was March 27, 2003 at the First Lutheran Church of Highland with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was at the Highland Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.