"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maxine Tweten, 77, of Whalan, died March 23, 2003, at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Maxine Harriet Jorde was born on March 9, 1926, in LaCrosse, Wis. to Henry and Anna (Hovde) Jorde. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1944, and from Winona Business College. She worked at Tri- County Electric in Rushford. On March 17, 1951, she married Duane Tweten at Rushford Lutheran Church. She and Duane farmed in the Highland area and she also worked part time at the Highland Store. She was a member of the First Lutheran Church of Highland, its WELCA, and the Eunice Circle. Her interests included quilting, gardening, baking and going to her grandchildren’s activities. Maxine is survived by her husband, Duane; two daughters: Patricia (Alan) Kreidermacher of Altura, Minn. and Sharon Tweten of Winona; five grandchildren; and one brother, Harley (Norma) Jorde of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents and a nephew. The funeral service was March 27, 2003 at the First Lutheran Church of Highland with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was at the Highland Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.