"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maxine Tweten, 77, of Whalan, died March 23, 2003, at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Maxine Harriet Jorde was born on March 9, 1926, in LaCrosse, Wis. to Henry and Anna (Hovde) Jorde. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1944, and from Winona Business College. She worked at Tri- County Electric in Rushford. On March 17, 1951, she married Duane Tweten at Rushford Lutheran Church. She and Duane farmed in the Highland area and she also worked part time at the Highland Store. She was a member of the First Lutheran Church of Highland, its WELCA, and the Eunice Circle. Her interests included quilting, gardening, baking and going to her grandchildren’s activities. Maxine is survived by her husband, Duane; two daughters: Patricia (Alan) Kreidermacher of Altura, Minn. and Sharon Tweten of Winona; five grandchildren; and one brother, Harley (Norma) Jorde of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents and a nephew. The funeral service was March 27, 2003 at the First Lutheran Church of Highland with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was at the Highland Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.