"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:52:43, Jun 1st 2015 - SV80 - Wentworth. Doesn't seem sporting to engage someone who can't spell 3rd grade ... [Read More]
- 3:40:30, Jun 1st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Congratulations Girls! You all did a super job. What a wonderful ... [Read More]
- 2:46:35, Jun 1st 2015 - sbearbow - Babe (Mom to the Twins), really needs your help. She has injured her groin ... [Read More]
- 2:34:00, Jun 1st 2015 - doc - @ doc and sv80- why don't you two go get a room some where We can just do it ... [Read More]
- 2:12:48, Jun 1st 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- the news of the your global warming FARCE is on to some degree ... [Read More]
- 1:59:15, Jun 1st 2015 - lol - 2nd place is the first lossers. Then the girls go home and cry. Lol. Most of you ... [Read More]
- 1:55:05, Jun 1st 2015 - wow - So, you people are funny. Do u remember in history class about the glaciers that ... [Read More]
- 11:04:50, May 31st 2015 - trojan fan - Margaret Carlson, you need to read RP school board chair Linder's respo ... [Read More]
- 10:23:01, May 31st 2015 - fact check - Yes Stan's OPINION is shocking....it is also not factual. I'm certain ... [Read More]
- 1:07:49, May 31st 2015 - Spam and Saltines - It's a weekly paper, and they put the online version up a few day ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maxine Tweten, 77, of Whalan, died March 23, 2003, at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Maxine Harriet Jorde was born on March 9, 1926, in LaCrosse, Wis. to Henry and Anna (Hovde) Jorde. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1944, and from Winona Business College. She worked at Tri- County Electric in Rushford. On March 17, 1951, she married Duane Tweten at Rushford Lutheran Church. She and Duane farmed in the Highland area and she also worked part time at the Highland Store. She was a member of the First Lutheran Church of Highland, its WELCA, and the Eunice Circle. Her interests included quilting, gardening, baking and going to her grandchildren’s activities. Maxine is survived by her husband, Duane; two daughters: Patricia (Alan) Kreidermacher of Altura, Minn. and Sharon Tweten of Winona; five grandchildren; and one brother, Harley (Norma) Jorde of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents and a nephew. The funeral service was March 27, 2003 at the First Lutheran Church of Highland with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was at the Highland Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.