"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maxine Tweten, 77, of Whalan, died March 23, 2003, at St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn.
Maxine Harriet Jorde was born on March 9, 1926, in LaCrosse, Wis. to Henry and Anna (Hovde) Jorde. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1944, and from Winona Business College. She worked at Tri- County Electric in Rushford. On March 17, 1951, she married Duane Tweten at Rushford Lutheran Church. She and Duane farmed in the Highland area and she also worked part time at the Highland Store. She was a member of the First Lutheran Church of Highland, its WELCA, and the Eunice Circle. Her interests included quilting, gardening, baking and going to her grandchildren’s activities. Maxine is survived by her husband, Duane; two daughters: Patricia (Alan) Kreidermacher of Altura, Minn. and Sharon Tweten of Winona; five grandchildren; and one brother, Harley (Norma) Jorde of Rushford. She was preceded in death by her parents and a nephew. The funeral service was March 27, 2003 at the First Lutheran Church of Highland with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was at the Highland Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.