"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Charles W. 'Bud' Mlenar, 76 of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died March 20, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Sept. 25, 1926, in Spring Valley to William “Bill” and Iva (Kolstad) Mlenar and attended Spring Valley school. From 1944 to 1946, he served in the Navy with duty in the Pacific theater. In 1947, he married Marilyn Hadlund, and they were later divorced. He married Maxine Christianson in 1965, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Mlenar was a meat cutter for more than 30 years. He was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church, American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars, all in Spring Valley. His interests included gun collecting and antiques. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Starr Walker of Orlando, Fla., and Yvette Mlenar of Spring Valley; four sons, Randy, Mitch (Lisa) and Todd, all of Spring Valley, and Chad of Cottonwood, Ariz.; two stepdaughters, Toni Conrad of San Francisco and Mary Jo Miller of Austin; two stepsons, Rick (Jan) Christianson of Spring Valley and Randy (Copper Slettum) Christianson of Hampton, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and six sisters, Delores "Sis" (Rex) Peters, LaVonne Keller and Gwen (Richard) Ruesink, all of Spring Valley, Mary Lou Regan of Plymouth, Minn., Sandra "Sandy" (Mike) Miller of Rochester and LaDonna (Vernon) Lovstad of Burnsville, Minn. A sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 24, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woesterhoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery, with graveside military rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.