"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Charles W. 'Bud' Mlenar, 76 of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died March 20, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Sept. 25, 1926, in Spring Valley to William “Bill” and Iva (Kolstad) Mlenar and attended Spring Valley school. From 1944 to 1946, he served in the Navy with duty in the Pacific theater. In 1947, he married Marilyn Hadlund, and they were later divorced. He married Maxine Christianson in 1965, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Mlenar was a meat cutter for more than 30 years. He was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church, American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars, all in Spring Valley. His interests included gun collecting and antiques. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Starr Walker of Orlando, Fla., and Yvette Mlenar of Spring Valley; four sons, Randy, Mitch (Lisa) and Todd, all of Spring Valley, and Chad of Cottonwood, Ariz.; two stepdaughters, Toni Conrad of San Francisco and Mary Jo Miller of Austin; two stepsons, Rick (Jan) Christianson of Spring Valley and Randy (Copper Slettum) Christianson of Hampton, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and six sisters, Delores "Sis" (Rex) Peters, LaVonne Keller and Gwen (Richard) Ruesink, all of Spring Valley, Mary Lou Regan of Plymouth, Minn., Sandra "Sandy" (Mike) Miller of Rochester and LaDonna (Vernon) Lovstad of Burnsville, Minn. A sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 24, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woesterhoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery, with graveside military rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.