"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Charles W. 'Bud' Mlenar, 76 of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died March 20, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Sept. 25, 1926, in Spring Valley to William “Bill” and Iva (Kolstad) Mlenar and attended Spring Valley school. From 1944 to 1946, he served in the Navy with duty in the Pacific theater. In 1947, he married Marilyn Hadlund, and they were later divorced. He married Maxine Christianson in 1965, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Mlenar was a meat cutter for more than 30 years. He was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church, American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars, all in Spring Valley. His interests included gun collecting and antiques. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Starr Walker of Orlando, Fla., and Yvette Mlenar of Spring Valley; four sons, Randy, Mitch (Lisa) and Todd, all of Spring Valley, and Chad of Cottonwood, Ariz.; two stepdaughters, Toni Conrad of San Francisco and Mary Jo Miller of Austin; two stepsons, Rick (Jan) Christianson of Spring Valley and Randy (Copper Slettum) Christianson of Hampton, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and six sisters, Delores "Sis" (Rex) Peters, LaVonne Keller and Gwen (Richard) Ruesink, all of Spring Valley, Mary Lou Regan of Plymouth, Minn., Sandra "Sandy" (Mike) Miller of Rochester and LaDonna (Vernon) Lovstad of Burnsville, Minn. A sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 24, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woesterhoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery, with graveside military rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.