"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Charles W. 'Bud' Mlenar, 76 of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died March 20, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Sept. 25, 1926, in Spring Valley to William “Bill” and Iva (Kolstad) Mlenar and attended Spring Valley school. From 1944 to 1946, he served in the Navy with duty in the Pacific theater. In 1947, he married Marilyn Hadlund, and they were later divorced. He married Maxine Christianson in 1965, and they made their home in Spring Valley. Mr. Mlenar was a meat cutter for more than 30 years. He was a member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church, American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars, all in Spring Valley. His interests included gun collecting and antiques. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Starr Walker of Orlando, Fla., and Yvette Mlenar of Spring Valley; four sons, Randy, Mitch (Lisa) and Todd, all of Spring Valley, and Chad of Cottonwood, Ariz.; two stepdaughters, Toni Conrad of San Francisco and Mary Jo Miller of Austin; two stepsons, Rick (Jan) Christianson of Spring Valley and Randy (Copper Slettum) Christianson of Hampton, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and six sisters, Delores "Sis" (Rex) Peters, LaVonne Keller and Gwen (Richard) Ruesink, all of Spring Valley, Mary Lou Regan of Plymouth, Minn., Sandra "Sandy" (Mike) Miller of Rochester and LaDonna (Vernon) Lovstad of Burnsville, Minn. A sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 24, 2003 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woesterhoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery, with graveside military rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.