"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert James Connelly, 85, of Chatfield, a former clerk at Sisson's Grocery Store, died March 24, 2003 at Mission Farms Nursing Home in Plymouth, Minn., where he had lived since April 1, 2002.
He was born Sept. 18, 1917, in rural Chatfield, graduated from Chatfield High School in 1935 and lived in the area most of his life. From 1942 to 1946, he served in the Marines with duty in the South Pacific. On Feb. 9, 1948, he married Margie Irene Schaefer in St. Charles. She died in 1985. He was a member of the Chatfield VFW. Survivors include two sons, Tim (Donna) of Richfield, Minn., and Peter of Rochester; a daughter, Kathy (Scott) Swygman of Rochester; two grandchildren; and a sister, Rita (Richard) Lewis of Rochester. A brother and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 27, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield, with military rites by the Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.