"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, May 24th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you aren’t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
- 7:26:03, May 17th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 I'm going to address your post per sentence to make it clearer ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert James Connelly, 85, of Chatfield, a former clerk at Sisson's Grocery Store, died March 24, 2003 at Mission Farms Nursing Home in Plymouth, Minn., where he had lived since April 1, 2002.
He was born Sept. 18, 1917, in rural Chatfield, graduated from Chatfield High School in 1935 and lived in the area most of his life. From 1942 to 1946, he served in the Marines with duty in the South Pacific. On Feb. 9, 1948, he married Margie Irene Schaefer in St. Charles. She died in 1985. He was a member of the Chatfield VFW. Survivors include two sons, Tim (Donna) of Richfield, Minn., and Peter of Rochester; a daughter, Kathy (Scott) Swygman of Rochester; two grandchildren; and a sister, Rita (Richard) Lewis of Rochester. A brother and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 27, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield, with military rites by the Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.