"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Mar 28th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert James Connelly, 85, of Chatfield, a former clerk at Sisson's Grocery Store, died March 24, 2003 at Mission Farms Nursing Home in Plymouth, Minn., where he had lived since April 1, 2002.
He was born Sept. 18, 1917, in rural Chatfield, graduated from Chatfield High School in 1935 and lived in the area most of his life. From 1942 to 1946, he served in the Marines with duty in the South Pacific. On Feb. 9, 1948, he married Margie Irene Schaefer in St. Charles. She died in 1985. He was a member of the Chatfield VFW. Survivors include two sons, Tim (Donna) of Richfield, Minn., and Peter of Rochester; a daughter, Kathy (Scott) Swygman of Rochester; two grandchildren; and a sister, Rita (Richard) Lewis of Rochester. A brother and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 27, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Spring burial will be in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield, with military rites by the Chatfield VFW. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.