"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn H. Stensgard, 82, of Rushford, a homemaker, died March 31, 2003 at her home.
Evelyn H. Berge was born July 29, 1920, at North Prairie in Fillmore County to Henry and Betsy (Ramsey) Berge. She was raised in North Prairie. On Oct. 25, 1939, she married Leland Stensgard in Peterson. She helped her husband on the farm and with their hatchery business in Rushford. Mrs. Stensgard was a member of Highland Prairie Lutheran Church, its circle and ladies aid, and she enjoyed bowling and embroidery. Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Beverly (Paul) Gittens of Galesville, Wis., and Lolly (Dick) Hungerholt of Rushford; 10 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; two sisters, Mabel Helland and Margaret (Robert) Stensgard, both of Rushford; and two brothers, Harvey (Verna) Berge of Lanesboro and Curtis (Arlene) Berge of Shakopee, Minn. A sister and two brothers preceded her in death. The funeral was April 4, 2003 at Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.