"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Evelyn H. Stensgard, 82, of Rushford, a homemaker, died March 31, 2003 at her home.
Evelyn H. Berge was born July 29, 1920, at North Prairie in Fillmore County to Henry and Betsy (Ramsey) Berge. She was raised in North Prairie. On Oct. 25, 1939, she married Leland Stensgard in Peterson. She helped her husband on the farm and with their hatchery business in Rushford. Mrs. Stensgard was a member of Highland Prairie Lutheran Church, its circle and ladies aid, and she enjoyed bowling and embroidery. Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Beverly (Paul) Gittens of Galesville, Wis., and Lolly (Dick) Hungerholt of Rushford; 10 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; two sisters, Mabel Helland and Margaret (Robert) Stensgard, both of Rushford; and two brothers, Harvey (Verna) Berge of Lanesboro and Curtis (Arlene) Berge of Shakopee, Minn. A sister and two brothers preceded her in death. The funeral was April 4, 2003 at Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.