"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gilman Nugard, age 68, of Harmony, Minnesota, formerly of Mabel, died suddenly Wednesday, April 02, 2003 in Harmony.
Gilman was born April 21, 1934 in Fillmore County near Mabel to Gladys Nugard Welch. He was baptized and confirmed at the Garness Trinity Lutheran Church in rural Mabel. He attended the Mabel Schools. He later moved to Prosper where he was the caregiver for his mother and uncle and also worked at the lumber yard and for several area farmers. He then moved back to Mabel where he did yard work and snow shoveling. Gilman lived in Harmony since June, 1998 and was employed by the Developmental Achievement Center and worked as a custodian at the Fillmore County Courthouse and at the Fillmore County Journal. He was a member of the Garness Trinity LutheranChurch and enjoyed visiting with his many friends. Gilman is survived by aunts Lillie Stedman of Rockford, Illinois, Doris of Mabel, Vera of Augusta, Wisconsin, and Harriet of Spring Grove, Minnesota; several cousins; and many friends. He was preceded in death by his mother. Funeral services were Saturday, April 5, 2003 at the Garness Trinity Lutheran Church in rural Mabel with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.