"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Owen Kidd, 87, of Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 31, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Nov. 24, 1915, on the family farm in rural Wykoff, the son of Louis and Anna (Yarns) Kidd. He grew up in the area and graduated from Wykoff High School in 1934. He owned a produce business in Wykoff for seven years before buying the home farm in 1947. On Nov. 18, 1939, he married Geneva Hamlin in Hammond. They lived on the farm until moving into Wykoff following retirement in 1992. A member of the Wykoff United Methodist Church, he sang in the choir, served as Sunday school superintendent and was involved in other church activities. He was a former member of the Wykoff School Board and was active in various community organizations. He enjoyed fishing, high school sports and traveling. Survivors include his wife and a daughter, Joan Kidd of Alpharetta, Ga. He was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, four brothers and three sisters. The funeral was April 4, 2003 at the Wykoff United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Dave Westlake officiating. Burial was in the Wykoff Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.