"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Owen Kidd, 87, of Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 31, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Nov. 24, 1915, on the family farm in rural Wykoff, the son of Louis and Anna (Yarns) Kidd. He grew up in the area and graduated from Wykoff High School in 1934. He owned a produce business in Wykoff for seven years before buying the home farm in 1947. On Nov. 18, 1939, he married Geneva Hamlin in Hammond. They lived on the farm until moving into Wykoff following retirement in 1992. A member of the Wykoff United Methodist Church, he sang in the choir, served as Sunday school superintendent and was involved in other church activities. He was a former member of the Wykoff School Board and was active in various community organizations. He enjoyed fishing, high school sports and traveling. Survivors include his wife and a daughter, Joan Kidd of Alpharetta, Ga. He was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, four brothers and three sisters. The funeral was April 4, 2003 at the Wykoff United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Dave Westlake officiating. Burial was in the Wykoff Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.