"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Owen Kidd, 87, of Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 31, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Nov. 24, 1915, on the family farm in rural Wykoff, the son of Louis and Anna (Yarns) Kidd. He grew up in the area and graduated from Wykoff High School in 1934. He owned a produce business in Wykoff for seven years before buying the home farm in 1947. On Nov. 18, 1939, he married Geneva Hamlin in Hammond. They lived on the farm until moving into Wykoff following retirement in 1992. A member of the Wykoff United Methodist Church, he sang in the choir, served as Sunday school superintendent and was involved in other church activities. He was a former member of the Wykoff School Board and was active in various community organizations. He enjoyed fishing, high school sports and traveling. Survivors include his wife and a daughter, Joan Kidd of Alpharetta, Ga. He was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, four brothers and three sisters. The funeral was April 4, 2003 at the Wykoff United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Dave Westlake officiating. Burial was in the Wykoff Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.