"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Owen Kidd, 87, of Wykoff, a longtime area farmer, died March 31, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Nov. 24, 1915, on the family farm in rural Wykoff, the son of Louis and Anna (Yarns) Kidd. He grew up in the area and graduated from Wykoff High School in 1934. He owned a produce business in Wykoff for seven years before buying the home farm in 1947. On Nov. 18, 1939, he married Geneva Hamlin in Hammond. They lived on the farm until moving into Wykoff following retirement in 1992. A member of the Wykoff United Methodist Church, he sang in the choir, served as Sunday school superintendent and was involved in other church activities. He was a former member of the Wykoff School Board and was active in various community organizations. He enjoyed fishing, high school sports and traveling. Survivors include his wife and a daughter, Joan Kidd of Alpharetta, Ga. He was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, four brothers and three sisters. The funeral was April 4, 2003 at the Wykoff United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Dave Westlake officiating. Burial was in the Wykoff Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Wykoff was in charge of arrangements.