"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Marie Fay, 81, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died Saturday (March 29, 2003) at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where she had been a patient since Jan. 14.
Helen Marie Horstmann was born July 27, 1921, in rural Chatfield. On Oct. 10, 1940, she married Lester Fay in Chatfield. They farmed in the area until moving into town in 1990. Mr. Fay died Nov. 20, 1996. She had worked at the Damon Hotel in Rochester and Skogmo Clothing Store and Cliff's Cafe, both in Chatfield. Mrs. Fay enjoyed baking, cooking, crocheting, sewing and collecting salt and pepper shakers. Survivors include a son, Donald of Chatfield; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter; a brother, Raymond Horstmann of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine (Clarence) Morse of Rochester and Gladys Karver of Chatfield. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson and two brothers. The funeral was April 1, 2003 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Spring burial will be in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.