"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Marie Fay, 81, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died Saturday (March 29, 2003) at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where she had been a patient since Jan. 14.
Helen Marie Horstmann was born July 27, 1921, in rural Chatfield. On Oct. 10, 1940, she married Lester Fay in Chatfield. They farmed in the area until moving into town in 1990. Mr. Fay died Nov. 20, 1996. She had worked at the Damon Hotel in Rochester and Skogmo Clothing Store and Cliff's Cafe, both in Chatfield. Mrs. Fay enjoyed baking, cooking, crocheting, sewing and collecting salt and pepper shakers. Survivors include a son, Donald of Chatfield; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter; a brother, Raymond Horstmann of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine (Clarence) Morse of Rochester and Gladys Karver of Chatfield. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson and two brothers. The funeral was April 1, 2003 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Spring burial will be in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.