"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Marie Fay, 81, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died Saturday (March 29, 2003) at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where she had been a patient since Jan. 14.
Helen Marie Horstmann was born July 27, 1921, in rural Chatfield. On Oct. 10, 1940, she married Lester Fay in Chatfield. They farmed in the area until moving into town in 1990. Mr. Fay died Nov. 20, 1996. She had worked at the Damon Hotel in Rochester and Skogmo Clothing Store and Cliff's Cafe, both in Chatfield. Mrs. Fay enjoyed baking, cooking, crocheting, sewing and collecting salt and pepper shakers. Survivors include a son, Donald of Chatfield; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter; a brother, Raymond Horstmann of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine (Clarence) Morse of Rochester and Gladys Karver of Chatfield. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson and two brothers. The funeral was April 1, 2003 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Spring burial will be in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.