"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:55:44, Aug 1st 2014 - Eagle - I agree with many of the points you have brought up. I do not consider myself ... [Read More]
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Marie Fay, 81, of Chatfield, a homemaker, died Saturday (March 29, 2003) at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where she had been a patient since Jan. 14.
Helen Marie Horstmann was born July 27, 1921, in rural Chatfield. On Oct. 10, 1940, she married Lester Fay in Chatfield. They farmed in the area until moving into town in 1990. Mr. Fay died Nov. 20, 1996. She had worked at the Damon Hotel in Rochester and Skogmo Clothing Store and Cliff's Cafe, both in Chatfield. Mrs. Fay enjoyed baking, cooking, crocheting, sewing and collecting salt and pepper shakers. Survivors include a son, Donald of Chatfield; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter; a brother, Raymond Horstmann of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine (Clarence) Morse of Rochester and Gladys Karver of Chatfield. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson and two brothers. The funeral was April 1, 2003 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Preston Paul officiating. Spring burial will be in Chatfield Cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.