"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, January 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
- 1:45:40, Jan 24th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - Or MAYBE people should accept the fact that you can't always win ... [Read More]
- 11:30:37, Jan 24th 2015 - neighbor - Fountainfarmer....residents of this street have taken it to the city coun ... [Read More]
- 2:04:25, Jan 23rd 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever seems like the type of person who will rant and rave on new ... [Read More]
- 1:39:29, Jan 23rd 2015 - Two dogs - or maybe FC should recruit some better athletes or get ones that like to w ... [Read More]
- 12:47:28, Jan 23rd 2015 - Duh - whatever--- you should probably realize that a Chamber of Commerce has NOTHING ... [Read More]
- 6:41:21, Jan 23rd 2015 - fc - FC needs new coaches who know what they are doing ... [Read More]
- 6:37:32, Jan 23rd 2015 - whatever - Get the parking behind the high school under control! ... [Read More]
- 12:08:57, Jan 22nd 2015 - email@example.com - Nice story about by old friend Fred, who taught me the ropes w ... [Read More]
- 12:30:17, Jan 19th 2015 - IFE - Thank you, Jason, for a wonderful tribute to Bruce Fishbaugher. He certainly ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maynard A. Chiglo, 72, of rural Lanesboro, a farmer and former Chicago Milwaukee Railroad employee, died of cancer April 2, 2003 at his home.
He was born Nov. 11, 1930, in rural Whalan and served in the Army during the Korean conflict. On Sept. 17, 1955, he married Gloria Johnson at Elstad Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro. She died in February 1987. Mr. Chiglo was a member of Elstad Lutheran Church, VFW and American Legion and was an Amherst Township officer. Survivors include two daughters, Kathy Moore of Bloomington, Ind., and Ann (Lon) Fretland of Chatfield; two sons, Mike (Brenda) and Steven, both of Lanesboro; four grandchildren; three brothers, Nester (Phyllis) of Caledonia, Roger (Darlene) of Rushford and Stanley (Margaret) of Whalan; and four sisters, Pearl Murphy of Whalan, Mary (Jack) Hanson of Cedar Falls, Iowa, Orlean (Dick) Strand of Menomonee Falls, Wis., and Sandra Solberg of Lanesboro. Two brothers preceded him in death. The funeral was April 5, 2003 at Elstad Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade E. Davick officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery, with military graveside rites by the Whalan American Legion. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.