"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 6th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:43:19, May 5th 2016 - Paul Little - A recent study shows that people who choose to be anonymous are either a ... [Read More]
- 1:56:56, May 5th 2016 - Combat Veteran - Paul: I'm fairly certain I could have a heated debate with your Veter ... [Read More]
- 3:57:39, May 4th 2016 - Paul - Liberal rants are just as worthless as your rightwing rants. Thank you for your ... [Read More]
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maynard A. Chiglo, 72, of rural Lanesboro, a farmer and former Chicago Milwaukee Railroad employee, died of cancer April 2, 2003 at his home.
He was born Nov. 11, 1930, in rural Whalan and served in the Army during the Korean conflict. On Sept. 17, 1955, he married Gloria Johnson at Elstad Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro. She died in February 1987. Mr. Chiglo was a member of Elstad Lutheran Church, VFW and American Legion and was an Amherst Township officer. Survivors include two daughters, Kathy Moore of Bloomington, Ind., and Ann (Lon) Fretland of Chatfield; two sons, Mike (Brenda) and Steven, both of Lanesboro; four grandchildren; three brothers, Nester (Phyllis) of Caledonia, Roger (Darlene) of Rushford and Stanley (Margaret) of Whalan; and four sisters, Pearl Murphy of Whalan, Mary (Jack) Hanson of Cedar Falls, Iowa, Orlean (Dick) Strand of Menomonee Falls, Wis., and Sandra Solberg of Lanesboro. Two brothers preceded him in death. The funeral was April 5, 2003 at Elstad Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade E. Davick officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery, with military graveside rites by the Whalan American Legion. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.