"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, November 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Loren Glen Brandt, 77, of Spring Valley, a former area farmer, died March 26, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Feb. 27, 1926, in Spring Valley to Arnold and Laura (Buss) Brandt. He and attended school through the eighth grade. On Oct. 9, 1949, he married Marlyce Grabau at the Congregational Church in Spring Valley. They farmed in the area for more than 30 years, and he also hauled canned milk and worked at the Racine Creamery and Seneca Foods. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Kaye (Dana) Michel of Rochester; three sons, Ronald, Richard and Ken (Connie), all of Spring Valley; three grandchildren; and two brothers, Gerald of Forsyth, Mo., and Harold of Spring Valley. A brother and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 31, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.