"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:34:51, Apr 1st 2015 - Sad - Average US household income is $53,891. Medicare and Social Security tax= 7.65% ... [Read More]
- 8:57:55, Apr 1st 2015 - Skunkpuppy - @BethShade and @Knewhimforseveralyears No matter what someone has done ... [Read More]
- 3:21:04, Mar 31st 2015 - doc - Not to mention ignoring science yet believing in fairy tales. ... [Read More]
- 12:16:25, Mar 31st 2015 - Vikefan 1 - To Left Winger: You choose to call what Reagan and Bush did as "tweak ... [Read More]
- 9:53:03, Mar 31st 2015 - left winger - vikefan please get you facts straight, What Regan did was a technical c ... [Read More]
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Loren Glen Brandt, 77, of Spring Valley, a former area farmer, died March 26, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Feb. 27, 1926, in Spring Valley to Arnold and Laura (Buss) Brandt. He and attended school through the eighth grade. On Oct. 9, 1949, he married Marlyce Grabau at the Congregational Church in Spring Valley. They farmed in the area for more than 30 years, and he also hauled canned milk and worked at the Racine Creamery and Seneca Foods. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Kaye (Dana) Michel of Rochester; three sons, Ronald, Richard and Ken (Connie), all of Spring Valley; three grandchildren; and two brothers, Gerald of Forsyth, Mo., and Harold of Spring Valley. A brother and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 31, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.