"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 4th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Loren Glen Brandt, 77, of Spring Valley, a former area farmer, died March 26, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born Feb. 27, 1926, in Spring Valley to Arnold and Laura (Buss) Brandt. He and attended school through the eighth grade. On Oct. 9, 1949, he married Marlyce Grabau at the Congregational Church in Spring Valley. They farmed in the area for more than 30 years, and he also hauled canned milk and worked at the Racine Creamery and Seneca Foods. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Kaye (Dana) Michel of Rochester; three sons, Ronald, Richard and Ken (Connie), all of Spring Valley; three grandchildren; and two brothers, Gerald of Forsyth, Mo., and Harold of Spring Valley. A brother and a sister preceded him in death. The funeral was March 31, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.