"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 11th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Peter C. Daley, age 70, of Preston, died Sunday morning, March 30, 2003, at St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester.
Pete was born December 10, 1932, in Winona, the son of Lawrence and Merrial (Ahern) Daley. He was raised and attended school in the Lewiston area graduating in 1951. He worked on the family farm until 1955 when he joined the US Army and was stationed in Korea as a field communications crewman. He was discharged in 1957 going back to the family farm and then attended Winona Technical School studying electronics. He married Geraldine Speltz June 30, 1962 in Rollingstone. The couple made their home in Preston on August 1, 1962, where Pete owned and operated Daley’s Radio and TV until 1984 when he started as a rural letter carrier until his retirement on December 1, 2002. He was currently helping his wife in her day care business. Pete was a very active member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston; the Knights of Columbus, currently Grand Knight of Council #6896; member and past-commander and past-quartermaster of the Preston VFW; had been a member of the Rochester Toastmasters and was a current member of the Bluff Country Toastmasters; was active in the Rural Minnesota Letter Carriers Assoc., was past-president of Area 1 and was past-president and past-secretary of the Fillmore County Letter Carriers Assoc., was a former member of the Preston Ambulance Service; was a past member of the Preston Planning & Zoning Commission; and was a member of MCCL. Pete is survived by his wife, Geraldine; two sons, Ted (Dawn) of Eagan, MN, and Larry of Okinawa; one daughter, Kristine (Matt) Daley of Plymouth, MI; four grandchildren; one sister, Mary Ann Scherbring of Shakopee, MN; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Larry. The funeral Mass will be 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 23, 2003, at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston with Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial with military graveside rites will be in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Friends may call at the Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston 5:00 - 9:00 p.m, Monday and at the church on Tuesday one hour before the service. There will be a rosary 7:00 p.m. Monday led by the Knights of Columbus followed by a prayer service at 8:00 p.m. all at the funeral home. Thauwald Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.