"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, November 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Steven Smith, 49, of Rochester, formerly of Spring Valley, died April 14, 2003 at his home.
He was born March 5, 1954, in Preston to Melvin and Beverly (Eich) Smith. He graduated from Stewartville High School. Mr. Smith worked for Thompson Motors of Wykoff for 13 years beginning in 1989. On June 1, 2002, he married Karon Axas in Jamaica. He enjoyed traveling, pets, shopping, movies and drives in the country. Survivors include his wife; and a stepdaughter, Betsy (Jesse) Diedrich of Rochester. His parents preceded him in death. The funeral was April 18, 2003 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Revs. William Rowen and Wesley Gabel co-officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in Sumner Township, Fillmore County. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.