"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, June 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:25:31, Jun 29th 2016 - Paul Little - Thanks for the input Derek. I was going to respond and but you said it ... [Read More]
- 12:04:41, Jun 29th 2016 - Derek Stevens - @Redhorse51: Seems to me you are the hypocrite, to berate someone on ... [Read More]
- 2:18:50, Jun 27th 2016 - PLEASE - PLEASE Kingsland district, take a look at what this commentary points and ou ... [Read More]
- 5:54:18, Jun 25th 2016 - Redhorse51 - Yes Ann, we all know that Sharon Roppes was instrumental in the Veteran ... [Read More]
- 10:55:08, Jun 24th 2016 - dianagoguen - Hello, Is there a place to access obituaries from previous years? ... [Read More]
- 3:45:08, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - With all the people that will be flocking to town to have their kids attend sc ... [Read More]
- 3:44:45, Jun 22nd 2016 - Andy O'Connor - Agree to disagree Stan, we'll likely never see eye to eye on this iss ... [Read More]
- 3:23:28, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - #sickofitall...do yourself a favor and get your dictionary out and look up " i ... [Read More]
- 3:15:56, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Palacek easement never was useable. He got to his property, with permi ... [Read More]
- 2:56:30, Jun 22nd 2016 - disgusted - There are a couple of issues here to be addressed The first one is the ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Steven Smith, 49, of Rochester, formerly of Spring Valley, died April 14, 2003 at his home.
He was born March 5, 1954, in Preston to Melvin and Beverly (Eich) Smith. He graduated from Stewartville High School. Mr. Smith worked for Thompson Motors of Wykoff for 13 years beginning in 1989. On June 1, 2002, he married Karon Axas in Jamaica. He enjoyed traveling, pets, shopping, movies and drives in the country. Survivors include his wife; and a stepdaughter, Betsy (Jesse) Diedrich of Rochester. His parents preceded him in death. The funeral was April 18, 2003 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Revs. William Rowen and Wesley Gabel co-officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in Sumner Township, Fillmore County. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.