"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fern Emma Simpson, 92, of Winona died on April 17, 2003, at the Lake Winona Manor. She was formerly of 476 Kerry Drive, The Kensington and Lamberton Residence before moving to Lake Winona Manor.
Fern was born on September 21, 1910 in Sherburn, Minn. to Carl Henry and Pauline (Schwab) Drager. On February 8, 1931, she married Edward C. Simpson at Sherburn and he preceded her in death on February 25, 1983. Fern was a loving wife and mother. She was a member of Central United Methodist Church and its Morning Circle; member and past president of V.F.W. Post #388 Auxiliary, Lanesboro, Minn.; a past member of the Lanesboro Tuesday Club; and past president of the United Methodist Women, Lanesboro. She is survived by two sons, Eugene (Marilyn) Simpson, Paynesville, Minn., and Dennis (Shirley) Simpson, Brooklyn Center; one daughter, Vicki (Dennis) Decker, Winona; a daughter-in-law, Muriel Simpson, Eagan, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; one step grandchild; eight great-grandchildren; one step great-grandchild and other relatives. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Edward; son, Clark Simpson; daughter-in-law, Dorothy Simpson; a great-granddaughter; three brothers and three sisters. Funeral services were April 22, 2003 at Central United Methodist Church, Winona with Rev. Mary Hurmence officiating. Interment was at Lanesboro Cemetery, Lanesboro. Arrangements were completed by the Fawcett-Junker Funeral Home and Cremation Services of Winona.