"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, November 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fern Emma Simpson, 92, of Winona died on April 17, 2003, at the Lake Winona Manor. She was formerly of 476 Kerry Drive, The Kensington and Lamberton Residence before moving to Lake Winona Manor.
Fern was born on September 21, 1910 in Sherburn, Minn. to Carl Henry and Pauline (Schwab) Drager. On February 8, 1931, she married Edward C. Simpson at Sherburn and he preceded her in death on February 25, 1983. Fern was a loving wife and mother. She was a member of Central United Methodist Church and its Morning Circle; member and past president of V.F.W. Post #388 Auxiliary, Lanesboro, Minn.; a past member of the Lanesboro Tuesday Club; and past president of the United Methodist Women, Lanesboro. She is survived by two sons, Eugene (Marilyn) Simpson, Paynesville, Minn., and Dennis (Shirley) Simpson, Brooklyn Center; one daughter, Vicki (Dennis) Decker, Winona; a daughter-in-law, Muriel Simpson, Eagan, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; one step grandchild; eight great-grandchildren; one step great-grandchild and other relatives. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Edward; son, Clark Simpson; daughter-in-law, Dorothy Simpson; a great-granddaughter; three brothers and three sisters. Funeral services were April 22, 2003 at Central United Methodist Church, Winona with Rev. Mary Hurmence officiating. Interment was at Lanesboro Cemetery, Lanesboro. Arrangements were completed by the Fawcett-Junker Funeral Home and Cremation Services of Winona.