"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fern Emma Simpson, 92, of Winona died on April 17, 2003, at the Lake Winona Manor. She was formerly of 476 Kerry Drive, The Kensington and Lamberton Residence before moving to Lake Winona Manor.
Fern was born on September 21, 1910 in Sherburn, Minn. to Carl Henry and Pauline (Schwab) Drager. On February 8, 1931, she married Edward C. Simpson at Sherburn and he preceded her in death on February 25, 1983. Fern was a loving wife and mother. She was a member of Central United Methodist Church and its Morning Circle; member and past president of V.F.W. Post #388 Auxiliary, Lanesboro, Minn.; a past member of the Lanesboro Tuesday Club; and past president of the United Methodist Women, Lanesboro. She is survived by two sons, Eugene (Marilyn) Simpson, Paynesville, Minn., and Dennis (Shirley) Simpson, Brooklyn Center; one daughter, Vicki (Dennis) Decker, Winona; a daughter-in-law, Muriel Simpson, Eagan, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; one step grandchild; eight great-grandchildren; one step great-grandchild and other relatives. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Edward; son, Clark Simpson; daughter-in-law, Dorothy Simpson; a great-granddaughter; three brothers and three sisters. Funeral services were April 22, 2003 at Central United Methodist Church, Winona with Rev. Mary Hurmence officiating. Interment was at Lanesboro Cemetery, Lanesboro. Arrangements were completed by the Fawcett-Junker Funeral Home and Cremation Services of Winona.