"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:25:55, Aug 3rd 2015 - kim wentworth - couple of thoughts briefly-1) the point of where someone originates fr ... [Read More]
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fern Emma Simpson, 92, of Winona died on April 17, 2003, at the Lake Winona Manor. She was formerly of 476 Kerry Drive, The Kensington and Lamberton Residence before moving to Lake Winona Manor.
Fern was born on September 21, 1910 in Sherburn, Minn. to Carl Henry and Pauline (Schwab) Drager. On February 8, 1931, she married Edward C. Simpson at Sherburn and he preceded her in death on February 25, 1983. Fern was a loving wife and mother. She was a member of Central United Methodist Church and its Morning Circle; member and past president of V.F.W. Post #388 Auxiliary, Lanesboro, Minn.; a past member of the Lanesboro Tuesday Club; and past president of the United Methodist Women, Lanesboro. She is survived by two sons, Eugene (Marilyn) Simpson, Paynesville, Minn., and Dennis (Shirley) Simpson, Brooklyn Center; one daughter, Vicki (Dennis) Decker, Winona; a daughter-in-law, Muriel Simpson, Eagan, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; one step grandchild; eight great-grandchildren; one step great-grandchild and other relatives. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Edward; son, Clark Simpson; daughter-in-law, Dorothy Simpson; a great-granddaughter; three brothers and three sisters. Funeral services were April 22, 2003 at Central United Methodist Church, Winona with Rev. Mary Hurmence officiating. Interment was at Lanesboro Cemetery, Lanesboro. Arrangements were completed by the Fawcett-Junker Funeral Home and Cremation Services of Winona.