"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
- 6:43:45, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - Christan was one of the kids who was caught smoking pot by the school, along ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 18th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Fern Emma Simpson, 92, of Winona died on April 17, 2003, at the Lake Winona Manor. She was formerly of 476 Kerry Drive, The Kensington and Lamberton Residence before moving to Lake Winona Manor.
Fern was born on September 21, 1910 in Sherburn, Minn. to Carl Henry and Pauline (Schwab) Drager. On February 8, 1931, she married Edward C. Simpson at Sherburn and he preceded her in death on February 25, 1983. Fern was a loving wife and mother. She was a member of Central United Methodist Church and its Morning Circle; member and past president of V.F.W. Post #388 Auxiliary, Lanesboro, Minn.; a past member of the Lanesboro Tuesday Club; and past president of the United Methodist Women, Lanesboro. She is survived by two sons, Eugene (Marilyn) Simpson, Paynesville, Minn., and Dennis (Shirley) Simpson, Brooklyn Center; one daughter, Vicki (Dennis) Decker, Winona; a daughter-in-law, Muriel Simpson, Eagan, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; one step grandchild; eight great-grandchildren; one step great-grandchild and other relatives. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Edward; son, Clark Simpson; daughter-in-law, Dorothy Simpson; a great-granddaughter; three brothers and three sisters. Funeral services were April 22, 2003 at Central United Methodist Church, Winona with Rev. Mary Hurmence officiating. Interment was at Lanesboro Cemetery, Lanesboro. Arrangements were completed by the Fawcett-Junker Funeral Home and Cremation Services of Winona.