"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lillian A. Rollins, 79, of Rushford, a longtime postal clerk in Chester, Iowa, died April 20, 2003 at her home.
Lillian A. Fossum was born Feb. 15, 1924, in Rushford to Ludvig and Amanda (Berland) Fossum. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1943. On April 22, 1945, she married Donald "Tinker" Rollins in El Paso, Texas. She was a riveter for Lockheed in California and after moving to Chester was a postal clerk for 30 years. She later worked at Norby's Jewelry Store in Rushford. She and her husband moved to Rushford in 1987. Mr. Rollins died in July 1991. A member of Rushford Lutheran Church, she was active in circle, ladies aid, and making quilts and lefse. She was a member of the Rushford Historical Society and American Legion Auxiliary, volunteered at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home and SEMCAC, and enjoyed playing cards. Survivors include two sons, Terry (Joanie) of Decorah, Iowa, and Greg (Sandy) of LeRoy; a daughter, Pat (Lenny) Volkman of Rushford; nine grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and a sister, Helen Ebner of Sun City, Calif. A grandson and a brother preceded her in death. The funeral was April 23, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove City Cemetery in Rushford. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.