"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:33:12, Sep 23rd 2016 - Hum - Heard a rummer that the kids r saying," if we park in the school parking lot ... [Read More]
- 2:32:54, Sep 20th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - at the group here- God gave us a brain, intelligence, communication, ... [Read More]
- 11:05:14, Sep 20th 2016 - DRousse - It's not FLUSHABLE wipes that cause the problem; they are too weak. It is ... [Read More]
- 4:49:27, Sep 19th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - Thank you for your comment and feedback, On-Point. ... [Read More]
- 4:24:53, Sep 18th 2016 - Disappointed - You only post certain people's posts! ... [Read More]
- 11:38:18, Sep 16th 2016 - millerml - These days when you go to a reunion nobody cares about what you look, the ... [Read More]
- 7:51:04, Sep 15th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Congratulations Roy! Can't be said that you don't stick t ... [Read More]
- 5:40:26, Sep 15th 2016 - Livin' the dream - Oh no, mary-wonnie! It's the assassin of yout'. ... [Read More]
- 10:26:43, Sep 14th 2016 - On-Point - Precisely how I feel. Differing lifestyles, views, religions, etc. are wh ... [Read More]
- 10:13:20, Sep 14th 2016 - wrong - There is so much wrong with this letter, I don't even know where to begin. ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lillian A. Rollins, 79, of Rushford, a longtime postal clerk in Chester, Iowa, died April 20, 2003 at her home.
Lillian A. Fossum was born Feb. 15, 1924, in Rushford to Ludvig and Amanda (Berland) Fossum. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1943. On April 22, 1945, she married Donald "Tinker" Rollins in El Paso, Texas. She was a riveter for Lockheed in California and after moving to Chester was a postal clerk for 30 years. She later worked at Norby's Jewelry Store in Rushford. She and her husband moved to Rushford in 1987. Mr. Rollins died in July 1991. A member of Rushford Lutheran Church, she was active in circle, ladies aid, and making quilts and lefse. She was a member of the Rushford Historical Society and American Legion Auxiliary, volunteered at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home and SEMCAC, and enjoyed playing cards. Survivors include two sons, Terry (Joanie) of Decorah, Iowa, and Greg (Sandy) of LeRoy; a daughter, Pat (Lenny) Volkman of Rushford; nine grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and a sister, Helen Ebner of Sun City, Calif. A grandson and a brother preceded her in death. The funeral was April 23, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove City Cemetery in Rushford. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.