"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 25th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lillian A. Rollins, 79, of Rushford, a longtime postal clerk in Chester, Iowa, died April 20, 2003 at her home.
Lillian A. Fossum was born Feb. 15, 1924, in Rushford to Ludvig and Amanda (Berland) Fossum. She graduated from Rushford High School in 1943. On April 22, 1945, she married Donald "Tinker" Rollins in El Paso, Texas. She was a riveter for Lockheed in California and after moving to Chester was a postal clerk for 30 years. She later worked at Norby's Jewelry Store in Rushford. She and her husband moved to Rushford in 1987. Mr. Rollins died in July 1991. A member of Rushford Lutheran Church, she was active in circle, ladies aid, and making quilts and lefse. She was a member of the Rushford Historical Society and American Legion Auxiliary, volunteered at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home and SEMCAC, and enjoyed playing cards. Survivors include two sons, Terry (Joanie) of Decorah, Iowa, and Greg (Sandy) of LeRoy; a daughter, Pat (Lenny) Volkman of Rushford; nine grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and a sister, Helen Ebner of Sun City, Calif. A grandson and a brother preceded her in death. The funeral was April 23, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove City Cemetery in Rushford. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.