"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
Fri, May 2nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jerome A. Bangs, age 58, of Canton, Minn. died April 25, 2003 at the St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn..
Jerome was born November 19, 1944 in Spring Grove, Minn. to Maloy and Norma (Vickerman) Bangs. He graduated from the Mabel High School in 1963. He served two years in the United States Army where he was stationed in Germany and France. He worked for a short time as a meat cutter for the Burreson Locker in Hesper, Iowa. He then went to work in the Twin Cities as an electrician and for a short time in the late 1970's ran his own electrical business. He went back to work in the Twin Cities until 1997 when he retired due to a back injury. He had three children from a previous marriage. On July 16, 1983 he married Jerilyn Knowlton at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa and they have resided in Canton since. He was a member of the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church, he appreciated his AA friends, loved children, and enjoyed hunting and fishing. Jerome is survived by his wife Jerilyn of Canton; two sons Shawn (Alison) of Canton and Ryan of Minneapolis; a daughter Shannon of Minneapolis; two step-sons Kevin (Bertha) Franzen and Todd (Dianna) Grubb of Tucson, Arizona; two step-daughters Karla (Arlis) Wangen of Harmony, Minn. and Kelly (Mark) Bartness of Ellendale, Minn.; thirteen grandchildren; his mother Norma of Mabel; two brothers Maloy, Jr. (Judy) of Farmington, Minn. and Larry (Phyllis) of Whalan, Minn.; three sisters Janice (Wally) Beuch of Canton, Linda Benson of Decorah, Iowa, and Julie Bangs of Mabel; mother-in-law Nelda Knowlton of Canton; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father, grandparents, and a nephew Shad Bangs. Funeral services were May 1, 2003 at the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church in Canton, Minn. with Pastor Jim Scaife officiating. Burial was in the Henry Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.