"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, May 2nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jerome A. Bangs, age 58, of Canton, Minn. died April 25, 2003 at the St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn..
Jerome was born November 19, 1944 in Spring Grove, Minn. to Maloy and Norma (Vickerman) Bangs. He graduated from the Mabel High School in 1963. He served two years in the United States Army where he was stationed in Germany and France. He worked for a short time as a meat cutter for the Burreson Locker in Hesper, Iowa. He then went to work in the Twin Cities as an electrician and for a short time in the late 1970's ran his own electrical business. He went back to work in the Twin Cities until 1997 when he retired due to a back injury. He had three children from a previous marriage. On July 16, 1983 he married Jerilyn Knowlton at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa and they have resided in Canton since. He was a member of the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church, he appreciated his AA friends, loved children, and enjoyed hunting and fishing. Jerome is survived by his wife Jerilyn of Canton; two sons Shawn (Alison) of Canton and Ryan of Minneapolis; a daughter Shannon of Minneapolis; two step-sons Kevin (Bertha) Franzen and Todd (Dianna) Grubb of Tucson, Arizona; two step-daughters Karla (Arlis) Wangen of Harmony, Minn. and Kelly (Mark) Bartness of Ellendale, Minn.; thirteen grandchildren; his mother Norma of Mabel; two brothers Maloy, Jr. (Judy) of Farmington, Minn. and Larry (Phyllis) of Whalan, Minn.; three sisters Janice (Wally) Beuch of Canton, Linda Benson of Decorah, Iowa, and Julie Bangs of Mabel; mother-in-law Nelda Knowlton of Canton; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father, grandparents, and a nephew Shad Bangs. Funeral services were May 1, 2003 at the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church in Canton, Minn. with Pastor Jim Scaife officiating. Burial was in the Henry Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.