"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 2nd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
- 5:53:10, Apr 28th 2016 - Semn - LOLZ, your the troll! ... [Read More]
- 10:18:05, Apr 27th 2016 - Paul - Not sure either party can say their system is perfect. Remember about throwin ... [Read More]
Fri, May 2nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jerome A. Bangs, age 58, of Canton, Minn. died April 25, 2003 at the St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn..
Jerome was born November 19, 1944 in Spring Grove, Minn. to Maloy and Norma (Vickerman) Bangs. He graduated from the Mabel High School in 1963. He served two years in the United States Army where he was stationed in Germany and France. He worked for a short time as a meat cutter for the Burreson Locker in Hesper, Iowa. He then went to work in the Twin Cities as an electrician and for a short time in the late 1970's ran his own electrical business. He went back to work in the Twin Cities until 1997 when he retired due to a back injury. He had three children from a previous marriage. On July 16, 1983 he married Jerilyn Knowlton at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa and they have resided in Canton since. He was a member of the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church, he appreciated his AA friends, loved children, and enjoyed hunting and fishing. Jerome is survived by his wife Jerilyn of Canton; two sons Shawn (Alison) of Canton and Ryan of Minneapolis; a daughter Shannon of Minneapolis; two step-sons Kevin (Bertha) Franzen and Todd (Dianna) Grubb of Tucson, Arizona; two step-daughters Karla (Arlis) Wangen of Harmony, Minn. and Kelly (Mark) Bartness of Ellendale, Minn.; thirteen grandchildren; his mother Norma of Mabel; two brothers Maloy, Jr. (Judy) of Farmington, Minn. and Larry (Phyllis) of Whalan, Minn.; three sisters Janice (Wally) Beuch of Canton, Linda Benson of Decorah, Iowa, and Julie Bangs of Mabel; mother-in-law Nelda Knowlton of Canton; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father, grandparents, and a nephew Shad Bangs. Funeral services were May 1, 2003 at the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church in Canton, Minn. with Pastor Jim Scaife officiating. Burial was in the Henry Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.