"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, May 2nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jerome A. Bangs, age 58, of Canton, Minn. died April 25, 2003 at the St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn..
Jerome was born November 19, 1944 in Spring Grove, Minn. to Maloy and Norma (Vickerman) Bangs. He graduated from the Mabel High School in 1963. He served two years in the United States Army where he was stationed in Germany and France. He worked for a short time as a meat cutter for the Burreson Locker in Hesper, Iowa. He then went to work in the Twin Cities as an electrician and for a short time in the late 1970's ran his own electrical business. He went back to work in the Twin Cities until 1997 when he retired due to a back injury. He had three children from a previous marriage. On July 16, 1983 he married Jerilyn Knowlton at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa and they have resided in Canton since. He was a member of the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church, he appreciated his AA friends, loved children, and enjoyed hunting and fishing. Jerome is survived by his wife Jerilyn of Canton; two sons Shawn (Alison) of Canton and Ryan of Minneapolis; a daughter Shannon of Minneapolis; two step-sons Kevin (Bertha) Franzen and Todd (Dianna) Grubb of Tucson, Arizona; two step-daughters Karla (Arlis) Wangen of Harmony, Minn. and Kelly (Mark) Bartness of Ellendale, Minn.; thirteen grandchildren; his mother Norma of Mabel; two brothers Maloy, Jr. (Judy) of Farmington, Minn. and Larry (Phyllis) of Whalan, Minn.; three sisters Janice (Wally) Beuch of Canton, Linda Benson of Decorah, Iowa, and Julie Bangs of Mabel; mother-in-law Nelda Knowlton of Canton; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father, grandparents, and a nephew Shad Bangs. Funeral services were May 1, 2003 at the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church in Canton, Minn. with Pastor Jim Scaife officiating. Burial was in the Henry Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.