"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, May 2nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jerome A. Bangs, age 58, of Canton, Minn. died April 25, 2003 at the St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn..
Jerome was born November 19, 1944 in Spring Grove, Minn. to Maloy and Norma (Vickerman) Bangs. He graduated from the Mabel High School in 1963. He served two years in the United States Army where he was stationed in Germany and France. He worked for a short time as a meat cutter for the Burreson Locker in Hesper, Iowa. He then went to work in the Twin Cities as an electrician and for a short time in the late 1970's ran his own electrical business. He went back to work in the Twin Cities until 1997 when he retired due to a back injury. He had three children from a previous marriage. On July 16, 1983 he married Jerilyn Knowlton at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa and they have resided in Canton since. He was a member of the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church, he appreciated his AA friends, loved children, and enjoyed hunting and fishing. Jerome is survived by his wife Jerilyn of Canton; two sons Shawn (Alison) of Canton and Ryan of Minneapolis; a daughter Shannon of Minneapolis; two step-sons Kevin (Bertha) Franzen and Todd (Dianna) Grubb of Tucson, Arizona; two step-daughters Karla (Arlis) Wangen of Harmony, Minn. and Kelly (Mark) Bartness of Ellendale, Minn.; thirteen grandchildren; his mother Norma of Mabel; two brothers Maloy, Jr. (Judy) of Farmington, Minn. and Larry (Phyllis) of Whalan, Minn.; three sisters Janice (Wally) Beuch of Canton, Linda Benson of Decorah, Iowa, and Julie Bangs of Mabel; mother-in-law Nelda Knowlton of Canton; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father, grandparents, and a nephew Shad Bangs. Funeral services were May 1, 2003 at the Canton - Scotland Presbyterian Church in Canton, Minn. with Pastor Jim Scaife officiating. Burial was in the Henry Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.