"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maurece R. Williams, 89, of Spring Valley, formerly of Austin, died May 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Maurece Roberts was born Feb. 24, 1914, in Bennington Township, Mower County, and graduated from high school in Winnebago, Minn. As a young woman, she worked in the telephone office, as a cook in a hotel and at Leuthold's Clothing Store, all in Spring Valley, and was caretaker for her parents. On Dec. 27, 1947, she married Gilbert C. Williams at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Spring Valley, and her husband managed the Standard Oil-Amoco terminal. After his retirement, they lived in Austin for a few years and returned to Spring Valley in 1979. The couple entered Spring Valley Care Center in 2001. Mr. Williams died March 2, 2002. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and enjoyed homemaking, music and dancing. Survivors include a sister, Patricia Mengis of Mabel. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass was held May 7, 2003 in St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.