"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, September 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:33:12, Sep 23rd 2016 - Hum - Heard a rummer that the kids r saying," if we park in the school parking lot ... [Read More]
- 2:32:54, Sep 20th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - at the group here- God gave us a brain, intelligence, communication, ... [Read More]
- 11:05:14, Sep 20th 2016 - DRousse - It's not FLUSHABLE wipes that cause the problem; they are too weak. It is ... [Read More]
- 4:49:27, Sep 19th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - Thank you for your comment and feedback, On-Point. ... [Read More]
- 4:24:53, Sep 18th 2016 - Disappointed - You only post certain people's posts! ... [Read More]
- 11:38:18, Sep 16th 2016 - millerml - These days when you go to a reunion nobody cares about what you look, the ... [Read More]
- 7:51:04, Sep 15th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Congratulations Roy! Can't be said that you don't stick t ... [Read More]
- 5:40:26, Sep 15th 2016 - Livin' the dream - Oh no, mary-wonnie! It's the assassin of yout'. ... [Read More]
- 10:26:43, Sep 14th 2016 - On-Point - Precisely how I feel. Differing lifestyles, views, religions, etc. are wh ... [Read More]
- 10:13:20, Sep 14th 2016 - wrong - There is so much wrong with this letter, I don't even know where to begin. ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maurece R. Williams, 89, of Spring Valley, formerly of Austin, died May 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Maurece Roberts was born Feb. 24, 1914, in Bennington Township, Mower County, and graduated from high school in Winnebago, Minn. As a young woman, she worked in the telephone office, as a cook in a hotel and at Leuthold's Clothing Store, all in Spring Valley, and was caretaker for her parents. On Dec. 27, 1947, she married Gilbert C. Williams at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Spring Valley, and her husband managed the Standard Oil-Amoco terminal. After his retirement, they lived in Austin for a few years and returned to Spring Valley in 1979. The couple entered Spring Valley Care Center in 2001. Mr. Williams died March 2, 2002. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and enjoyed homemaking, music and dancing. Survivors include a sister, Patricia Mengis of Mabel. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass was held May 7, 2003 in St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.