"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 9th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maurece R. Williams, 89, of Spring Valley, formerly of Austin, died May 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Maurece Roberts was born Feb. 24, 1914, in Bennington Township, Mower County, and graduated from high school in Winnebago, Minn. As a young woman, she worked in the telephone office, as a cook in a hotel and at Leuthold's Clothing Store, all in Spring Valley, and was caretaker for her parents. On Dec. 27, 1947, she married Gilbert C. Williams at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Spring Valley, and her husband managed the Standard Oil-Amoco terminal. After his retirement, they lived in Austin for a few years and returned to Spring Valley in 1979. The couple entered Spring Valley Care Center in 2001. Mr. Williams died March 2, 2002. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and enjoyed homemaking, music and dancing. Survivors include a sister, Patricia Mengis of Mabel. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass was held May 7, 2003 in St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.