"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maurece R. Williams, 89, of Spring Valley, formerly of Austin, died May 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Maurece Roberts was born Feb. 24, 1914, in Bennington Township, Mower County, and graduated from high school in Winnebago, Minn. As a young woman, she worked in the telephone office, as a cook in a hotel and at Leuthold's Clothing Store, all in Spring Valley, and was caretaker for her parents. On Dec. 27, 1947, she married Gilbert C. Williams at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Spring Valley, and her husband managed the Standard Oil-Amoco terminal. After his retirement, they lived in Austin for a few years and returned to Spring Valley in 1979. The couple entered Spring Valley Care Center in 2001. Mr. Williams died March 2, 2002. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and enjoyed homemaking, music and dancing. Survivors include a sister, Patricia Mengis of Mabel. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass was held May 7, 2003 in St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.