"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Maurece R. Williams, 89, of Spring Valley, formerly of Austin, died May 3, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Maurece Roberts was born Feb. 24, 1914, in Bennington Township, Mower County, and graduated from high school in Winnebago, Minn. As a young woman, she worked in the telephone office, as a cook in a hotel and at Leuthold's Clothing Store, all in Spring Valley, and was caretaker for her parents. On Dec. 27, 1947, she married Gilbert C. Williams at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Spring Valley, and her husband managed the Standard Oil-Amoco terminal. After his retirement, they lived in Austin for a few years and returned to Spring Valley in 1979. The couple entered Spring Valley Care Center in 2001. Mr. Williams died March 2, 2002. She was a member of St. Ignatius Catholic Church and enjoyed homemaking, music and dancing. Survivors include a sister, Patricia Mengis of Mabel. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. A funeral Mass was held May 7, 2003 in St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.