"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lueda K. Street, age 91, of Mabel, Minnesota died May 5, 2003 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, Minnesota.
Lueda was born November 17, 1911 in Hesper Township, Winneshiek County, Iowa to Anton Eiasfen and Kristine Karoline (Knutson) Brenna. After her father's death in 1915, the family moved numerous times in the area, causing Lueda to attend at least eight different schools. After completing the eighth grade, Lueda "worked out" usually helping new mothers and their babies. On September 15, 1932 Lueda married Leroy Oscar Street in Hesper. They remained in the Hesper area and after Leroy's death in 1967, Lueda again "worked out" caring for the ill and elderly. After her marriage she became a member of her husband's church, Hesper Friends Meeting, and was active in the Friends Women's group there. Several years after Leroy's passing, she become a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She was also an active member of the Hesper Friendship Promoters, a community women's group that met for a number of years. She enjoyed embroidery and flowers. Lueda is survived by two sons Douglas (Barbara) of Rockford, Illinois, and Robert (Joyce) of Hesper, Iowa; a daughter-in-law Marcia Street; four grandchildren; four great grandchildren; one great great grandson; a sister Calma Sanden of Caledonia, MN; a half-sister Ruby Erlandson of Mabel; and nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband Leroy; her youngest son Harold; and two infant half-sisters. Funeral services were held May 9, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.