"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lueda K. Street, age 91, of Mabel, Minnesota died May 5, 2003 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, Minnesota.
Lueda was born November 17, 1911 in Hesper Township, Winneshiek County, Iowa to Anton Eiasfen and Kristine Karoline (Knutson) Brenna. After her father's death in 1915, the family moved numerous times in the area, causing Lueda to attend at least eight different schools. After completing the eighth grade, Lueda "worked out" usually helping new mothers and their babies. On September 15, 1932 Lueda married Leroy Oscar Street in Hesper. They remained in the Hesper area and after Leroy's death in 1967, Lueda again "worked out" caring for the ill and elderly. After her marriage she became a member of her husband's church, Hesper Friends Meeting, and was active in the Friends Women's group there. Several years after Leroy's passing, she become a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She was also an active member of the Hesper Friendship Promoters, a community women's group that met for a number of years. She enjoyed embroidery and flowers. Lueda is survived by two sons Douglas (Barbara) of Rockford, Illinois, and Robert (Joyce) of Hesper, Iowa; a daughter-in-law Marcia Street; four grandchildren; four great grandchildren; one great great grandson; a sister Calma Sanden of Caledonia, MN; a half-sister Ruby Erlandson of Mabel; and nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband Leroy; her youngest son Harold; and two infant half-sisters. Funeral services were held May 9, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.