"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:43:19, May 5th 2016 - Paul Little - A recent study shows that people who choose to be anonymous are either a ... [Read More]
- 1:56:56, May 5th 2016 - Combat Veteran - Paul: I'm fairly certain I could have a heated debate with your Veter ... [Read More]
- 3:57:39, May 4th 2016 - Paul - Liberal rants are just as worthless as your rightwing rants. Thank you for your ... [Read More]
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lueda K. Street, age 91, of Mabel, Minnesota died May 5, 2003 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, Minnesota.
Lueda was born November 17, 1911 in Hesper Township, Winneshiek County, Iowa to Anton Eiasfen and Kristine Karoline (Knutson) Brenna. After her father's death in 1915, the family moved numerous times in the area, causing Lueda to attend at least eight different schools. After completing the eighth grade, Lueda "worked out" usually helping new mothers and their babies. On September 15, 1932 Lueda married Leroy Oscar Street in Hesper. They remained in the Hesper area and after Leroy's death in 1967, Lueda again "worked out" caring for the ill and elderly. After her marriage she became a member of her husband's church, Hesper Friends Meeting, and was active in the Friends Women's group there. Several years after Leroy's passing, she become a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She was also an active member of the Hesper Friendship Promoters, a community women's group that met for a number of years. She enjoyed embroidery and flowers. Lueda is survived by two sons Douglas (Barbara) of Rockford, Illinois, and Robert (Joyce) of Hesper, Iowa; a daughter-in-law Marcia Street; four grandchildren; four great grandchildren; one great great grandson; a sister Calma Sanden of Caledonia, MN; a half-sister Ruby Erlandson of Mabel; and nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband Leroy; her youngest son Harold; and two infant half-sisters. Funeral services were held May 9, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.