"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 13th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lueda K. Street, age 91, of Mabel, Minnesota died May 5, 2003 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, Minnesota.
Lueda was born November 17, 1911 in Hesper Township, Winneshiek County, Iowa to Anton Eiasfen and Kristine Karoline (Knutson) Brenna. After her father's death in 1915, the family moved numerous times in the area, causing Lueda to attend at least eight different schools. After completing the eighth grade, Lueda "worked out" usually helping new mothers and their babies. On September 15, 1932 Lueda married Leroy Oscar Street in Hesper. They remained in the Hesper area and after Leroy's death in 1967, Lueda again "worked out" caring for the ill and elderly. After her marriage she became a member of her husband's church, Hesper Friends Meeting, and was active in the Friends Women's group there. Several years after Leroy's passing, she become a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She was also an active member of the Hesper Friendship Promoters, a community women's group that met for a number of years. She enjoyed embroidery and flowers. Lueda is survived by two sons Douglas (Barbara) of Rockford, Illinois, and Robert (Joyce) of Hesper, Iowa; a daughter-in-law Marcia Street; four grandchildren; four great grandchildren; one great great grandson; a sister Calma Sanden of Caledonia, MN; a half-sister Ruby Erlandson of Mabel; and nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband Leroy; her youngest son Harold; and two infant half-sisters. Funeral services were held May 9, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.