"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lueda K. Street, age 91, of Mabel, Minnesota died May 5, 2003 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, Minnesota.
Lueda was born November 17, 1911 in Hesper Township, Winneshiek County, Iowa to Anton Eiasfen and Kristine Karoline (Knutson) Brenna. After her father's death in 1915, the family moved numerous times in the area, causing Lueda to attend at least eight different schools. After completing the eighth grade, Lueda "worked out" usually helping new mothers and their babies. On September 15, 1932 Lueda married Leroy Oscar Street in Hesper. They remained in the Hesper area and after Leroy's death in 1967, Lueda again "worked out" caring for the ill and elderly. After her marriage she became a member of her husband's church, Hesper Friends Meeting, and was active in the Friends Women's group there. Several years after Leroy's passing, she become a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church and its women's groups. She was also an active member of the Hesper Friendship Promoters, a community women's group that met for a number of years. She enjoyed embroidery and flowers. Lueda is survived by two sons Douglas (Barbara) of Rockford, Illinois, and Robert (Joyce) of Hesper, Iowa; a daughter-in-law Marcia Street; four grandchildren; four great grandchildren; one great great grandson; a sister Calma Sanden of Caledonia, MN; a half-sister Ruby Erlandson of Mabel; and nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband Leroy; her youngest son Harold; and two infant half-sisters. Funeral services were held May 9, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.