"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Henrietta Grabau, 90, of Preston, formerly of Spring Valley and Rochester, died May 4, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center, where she had lived since 1992.
Henrietta Louise Horsman was born July 11, 1912, in Spring Valley, the daughter of Ernest and Ruth Horsman. On Oct. 22, 1930, she married Howard Grabau. They farmed in the Wykoff-Spring Valley area until 1934, and then lived in Rochester until returning to Spring Valley following retirement. Her husband died in 1976. Survivors include two daughters, Gertrude Smock of Austin and Phyllis (Donald) Macklin of Murray, Ky.; three brothers, Lyle Horsman of Spring Valley, Hugh Horsman of Caledonia and Max Horsman of Chatfield; 16 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; 11 great-great-grandchildren; and three brothers, Lyle Horsman of Spring Valley, Hugh Horsman of Caledonia and Max Horsman of Chatfield. She was preceded in death by a son, two infant granddaughters, a great-grandson, three sisters and two brothers. The funeral was held May 15, 2003 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in Forestville Cemetery, rural Wykoff. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.