"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:35:14, Dec 28th 2014 - smjb - Our U.S. policies, politics and president are being directed and influenced wa ... [Read More]
- 7:15:19, Dec 28th 2014 - country girl - Right on! ... [Read More]
- 5:30:05, Dec 28th 2014 - not happy - Nope ... [Read More]
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
Fri, May 9th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen K. Erickson, 83, of Mabel, died May 2, 2003 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Helen Kimball was born Feb. 23, 1920, in Canton Township of Fillmore County to Parnell F. and Iva J. (Donald) Kimball. In 1938, she graduated from Canton High School. She worked as a nanny in New York and Miami and later worked at the Elgin Watch Co. in Elgin, Ill. She married Donald V. Erickson on Nov. 17, 1947, in Canton. They farmed in Preble Township of Fillmore County until 1978, when they moved into Mabel. Mr. Erickson died in 1988. Mrs. Erickson was a member of the Scheie Lutheran Church and a former member of the American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed sewing, quilting, golf and flowers. She is survived by three sons, John (Mary) and Steven of Lee's Summit, Mo., and Robert (Darcy) of Newburg; two daughters, Mary Jo (Mike) Brewster of Lee's Summit and Kathy (Mike) Brandt of Porterfield, Wis.; 14 grandchildren; and a sister, Aileen Ahrens of Elgin, Ill. She also was preceded in death by a son, four brothers and a sister. The funeral was held May 5, 2003 at Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.