"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:34:51, Apr 1st 2015 - Sad - Average US household income is $53,891. Medicare and Social Security tax= 7.65% ... [Read More]
- 8:57:55, Apr 1st 2015 - Skunkpuppy - @BethShade and @Knewhimforseveralyears No matter what someone has done ... [Read More]
- 3:21:04, Mar 31st 2015 - doc - Not to mention ignoring science yet believing in fairy tales. ... [Read More]
- 12:16:25, Mar 31st 2015 - Vikefan 1 - To Left Winger: You choose to call what Reagan and Bush did as "tweak ... [Read More]
- 9:53:03, Mar 31st 2015 - left winger - vikefan please get you facts straight, What Regan did was a technical c ... [Read More]
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
Fri, May 16th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lavina Miller, 96, of Preston, died May 8, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Lavina Ruesink was born June 5, 1906, in Greenleafton, the daughter of David and Anna (Dornink) Ruesink. She grew up on the family farm and attended Flying Cloud rural school. On Oct. 27, 1926, she married Howard Miller in Greenleafton. The couple made their home in the Greenleafton area until 1930, when they moved to Preston. Mrs. Miller was a homemaker and worked as a waitress at local restaurants. She was a member of Preston United Methodist Church and was active in the women's groups. She was also a member of Preston VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include two sons, Lyle (JoAnn) of Preston, and Jerry (Judy) of Watertown, S.D.; three daughters, Betty (Lavern) Knoepke of Preston, and Ruth (William) Fischer and Marcia (David) Rappe, both of Rochester; 12 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. One sister and three brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Lavina J. Miller was May 12, 2003 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.