"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
Fri, May 16th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lavina Miller, 96, of Preston, died May 8, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Lavina Ruesink was born June 5, 1906, in Greenleafton, the daughter of David and Anna (Dornink) Ruesink. She grew up on the family farm and attended Flying Cloud rural school. On Oct. 27, 1926, she married Howard Miller in Greenleafton. The couple made their home in the Greenleafton area until 1930, when they moved to Preston. Mrs. Miller was a homemaker and worked as a waitress at local restaurants. She was a member of Preston United Methodist Church and was active in the women's groups. She was also a member of Preston VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include two sons, Lyle (JoAnn) of Preston, and Jerry (Judy) of Watertown, S.D.; three daughters, Betty (Lavern) Knoepke of Preston, and Ruth (William) Fischer and Marcia (David) Rappe, both of Rochester; 12 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. One sister and three brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Lavina J. Miller was May 12, 2003 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.