"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
Fri, May 16th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lavina Miller, 96, of Preston, died May 8, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Lavina Ruesink was born June 5, 1906, in Greenleafton, the daughter of David and Anna (Dornink) Ruesink. She grew up on the family farm and attended Flying Cloud rural school. On Oct. 27, 1926, she married Howard Miller in Greenleafton. The couple made their home in the Greenleafton area until 1930, when they moved to Preston. Mrs. Miller was a homemaker and worked as a waitress at local restaurants. She was a member of Preston United Methodist Church and was active in the women's groups. She was also a member of Preston VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include two sons, Lyle (JoAnn) of Preston, and Jerry (Judy) of Watertown, S.D.; three daughters, Betty (Lavern) Knoepke of Preston, and Ruth (William) Fischer and Marcia (David) Rappe, both of Rochester; 12 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. One sister and three brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Lavina J. Miller was May 12, 2003 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.