"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, May 16th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lavina Miller, 96, of Preston, died May 8, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Lavina Ruesink was born June 5, 1906, in Greenleafton, the daughter of David and Anna (Dornink) Ruesink. She grew up on the family farm and attended Flying Cloud rural school. On Oct. 27, 1926, she married Howard Miller in Greenleafton. The couple made their home in the Greenleafton area until 1930, when they moved to Preston. Mrs. Miller was a homemaker and worked as a waitress at local restaurants. She was a member of Preston United Methodist Church and was active in the women's groups. She was also a member of Preston VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include two sons, Lyle (JoAnn) of Preston, and Jerry (Judy) of Watertown, S.D.; three daughters, Betty (Lavern) Knoepke of Preston, and Ruth (William) Fischer and Marcia (David) Rappe, both of Rochester; 12 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. One sister and three brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Lavina J. Miller was May 12, 2003 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.