"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, May 16th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lavina Miller, 96, of Preston, died May 8, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Lavina Ruesink was born June 5, 1906, in Greenleafton, the daughter of David and Anna (Dornink) Ruesink. She grew up on the family farm and attended Flying Cloud rural school. On Oct. 27, 1926, she married Howard Miller in Greenleafton. The couple made their home in the Greenleafton area until 1930, when they moved to Preston. Mrs. Miller was a homemaker and worked as a waitress at local restaurants. She was a member of Preston United Methodist Church and was active in the women's groups. She was also a member of Preston VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include two sons, Lyle (JoAnn) of Preston, and Jerry (Judy) of Watertown, S.D.; three daughters, Betty (Lavern) Knoepke of Preston, and Ruth (William) Fischer and Marcia (David) Rappe, both of Rochester; 12 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. One sister and three brothers preceded her in death. The funeral for Lavina J. Miller was May 12, 2003 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.