"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, May 16th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John Lawrence Martin, 64, of Long Beach, Calif., formerly of Chatfield, died May 10, 2003 at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Long Beach. He had been ill two weeks.
He was born Aug. 11, 1938, in Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1956. Mr. Martin served in the Navy four years as an electronics technician with duty in Japan. Since his discharge, he had lived in a number of locations in the western states. He was married and later divorced. Survivors include two sons, David (Mia) of Westminster, Calif.; and Andrew of Raleigh, N.C.; four grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and a sister, Mary Ann Kirmis of Eyota. The funeral was May 17, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Christine Finsand officiating.