"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
May Irene Tart, 87, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, formerly of Spring Valley, died May 17, 2003 at West Ridge Care Center in Cedar Rapids of complications of Alzheimer's disease.
May Irene Skare was born Nov. 8, 1915, in rural Spring Valley and graduated from Spring Valley High School in 1933. She graduated from Winona State Teachers College in 1935 and later received a master's degree in special education from Winona State University. In 1941, she married Lucius Tart in Spring Valley. He died in 1978. Mrs. Tart began a 40-year teaching career at LaFevere one-room school southeast of Spring Valley. She also taught in Bloomfield and Ostrander and later in Spring Valley for 18 years. After retiring in 1975, she remained active as a volunteer with Spring Valley Historical Society, Community Memorial Hospital, Spring Valley Nursing Home Auxiliary and Meals on Wheels. She moved to Cedar Rapids in July 1998. Survivors include nieces and nephews. A sister and a brother preceded her in death. The funeral was May 22, 2003 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.