"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 7th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:35:24, Feb 7th 2016 - Slate7 - Looks like the flood destroyed Rushford after all. What happened to the stro ... [Read More]
- 5:15:31, Feb 6th 2016 - @respect - "They don't go out of their way to disrespect until disrespect is thrown at ... [Read More]
- 3:28:56, Feb 6th 2016 - Farmer - WOW! Hope you have more life jackets because now that you have actually put y ... [Read More]
- 12:16:49, Feb 6th 2016 - EagleGolfer - @Mr. Terbeest Oh, yeah, I get it. All those Chicago gang killings ov ... [Read More]
- 11:38:29, Feb 6th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 Okay, I got it. You never have written a signed commentary to the ... [Read More]
- 10:44:04, Feb 6th 2016 - - Such drama. JUMP, I have a spare life jacket I'll give you for free. ... [Read More]
- 4:32:19, Feb 6th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr. Terbeest, You have described the modus operando of the ultra liberal c ... [Read More]
- 8:40:46, Feb 5th 2016 - - Not quite like that, the ship can sail any way it wishes but why am I forced to pay ... [Read More]
- 6:21:28, Feb 5th 2016 - respect - Reply to whocarez: Saying that they can travel to Minneapolis is both disre ... [Read More]
- 3:13:15, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - OK, this is a bizarre situation. You guys are doing exactly what you are a ... [Read More]
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harvey Lynn Kester, 68, of Chatfield, died of a heart attack May 15, 2003 while at work.
He was born Nov. 2, 1934, in Chatfield, and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1953. On June 9, 1956, he married Mary Mulvihill in Chatfield. Mr. Kester was a lifelong Chatfield resident. He owned Kester Oil for 26 years, and worked for All American Co-op for 10 years. He was a Chatfield firefighter for 21 years, and served on the Planing and Zoning Board for 10 years. He also was past president of the Chatfield Snowmobile Club. Survivors include his wife; one son, Michael (Jennifer) of Chatfield; two daughters, Debra (Michael) Bren and Susan (Carroll) Bernard, both of Chatfield; seven grandchildren; one great-grandson; two brothers, Richard (Irene) and Boyd, both of Chatfield; and two sisters, Audrey (Oral) Trogstad, and Beverly (Dale) Finseth, both of Fountain. One brother preceded him in death. The funeral was May 19, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery, Chatfield. There was a firemen honor guard. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.