"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 6:45:12, Oct 20th 2014 - olliesemn - Thank you mayor for defending the ruling minority,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harvey Lynn Kester, 68, of Chatfield, died of a heart attack May 15, 2003 while at work.
He was born Nov. 2, 1934, in Chatfield, and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1953. On June 9, 1956, he married Mary Mulvihill in Chatfield. Mr. Kester was a lifelong Chatfield resident. He owned Kester Oil for 26 years, and worked for All American Co-op for 10 years. He was a Chatfield firefighter for 21 years, and served on the Planing and Zoning Board for 10 years. He also was past president of the Chatfield Snowmobile Club. Survivors include his wife; one son, Michael (Jennifer) of Chatfield; two daughters, Debra (Michael) Bren and Susan (Carroll) Bernard, both of Chatfield; seven grandchildren; one great-grandson; two brothers, Richard (Irene) and Boyd, both of Chatfield; and two sisters, Audrey (Oral) Trogstad, and Beverly (Dale) Finseth, both of Fountain. One brother preceded him in death. The funeral was May 19, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery, Chatfield. There was a firemen honor guard. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.