"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harvey Lynn Kester, 68, of Chatfield, died of a heart attack May 15, 2003 while at work.
He was born Nov. 2, 1934, in Chatfield, and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1953. On June 9, 1956, he married Mary Mulvihill in Chatfield. Mr. Kester was a lifelong Chatfield resident. He owned Kester Oil for 26 years, and worked for All American Co-op for 10 years. He was a Chatfield firefighter for 21 years, and served on the Planing and Zoning Board for 10 years. He also was past president of the Chatfield Snowmobile Club. Survivors include his wife; one son, Michael (Jennifer) of Chatfield; two daughters, Debra (Michael) Bren and Susan (Carroll) Bernard, both of Chatfield; seven grandchildren; one great-grandson; two brothers, Richard (Irene) and Boyd, both of Chatfield; and two sisters, Audrey (Oral) Trogstad, and Beverly (Dale) Finseth, both of Fountain. One brother preceded him in death. The funeral was May 19, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery, Chatfield. There was a firemen honor guard. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.