"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harvey Lynn Kester, 68, of Chatfield, died of a heart attack May 15, 2003 while at work.
He was born Nov. 2, 1934, in Chatfield, and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1953. On June 9, 1956, he married Mary Mulvihill in Chatfield. Mr. Kester was a lifelong Chatfield resident. He owned Kester Oil for 26 years, and worked for All American Co-op for 10 years. He was a Chatfield firefighter for 21 years, and served on the Planing and Zoning Board for 10 years. He also was past president of the Chatfield Snowmobile Club. Survivors include his wife; one son, Michael (Jennifer) of Chatfield; two daughters, Debra (Michael) Bren and Susan (Carroll) Bernard, both of Chatfield; seven grandchildren; one great-grandson; two brothers, Richard (Irene) and Boyd, both of Chatfield; and two sisters, Audrey (Oral) Trogstad, and Beverly (Dale) Finseth, both of Fountain. One brother preceded him in death. The funeral was May 19, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery, Chatfield. There was a firemen honor guard. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.