"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Willis Nelson Briggman, 83, of Chatfield, a retired farmer, died May 15, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had been a patient.
He was born Nov. 15, 1919, in Manchester, Iowa, and graduated from Manchester High School in 1938. From Feb. 9, 1942, to Nov. 3, 1945, he served in the Army Air Forces, saw duty in India and Burma, achieved the rank of corporal and received the Bronze Star. After the service, he lived in Chicago and worked for Millwright Industrial Fabrications. In 1972 he moved to Minnesota and farmed for 20 years, most recently in the Chatfield area. He married Jean Brown in June 1956 in Chicago and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Mabel VFW and the National Rifle Association. Survivors include a son, Bill (Sherri) of Chatfield; two stepdaughters, Diane Libman of Chicago and Kim Brown of Concord, Calif.; four grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; one great-grandchild; and five stepgreat-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded him in death. A memorial service was May 17, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery in Manchester, Iowa, at a later date.