"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
- 7:52:32, Nov 28th 2016 - Mario Bruneau - Jonathan made a wise decision to learn piano tuning as it is a field ... [Read More]
- 6:01:39, Nov 22nd 2016 - Al-Hajji Frederick H Minshall - "Barn cats" are an absolutely HORRIBLE idea: Every ... [Read More]
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Willis Nelson Briggman, 83, of Chatfield, a retired farmer, died May 15, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had been a patient.
He was born Nov. 15, 1919, in Manchester, Iowa, and graduated from Manchester High School in 1938. From Feb. 9, 1942, to Nov. 3, 1945, he served in the Army Air Forces, saw duty in India and Burma, achieved the rank of corporal and received the Bronze Star. After the service, he lived in Chicago and worked for Millwright Industrial Fabrications. In 1972 he moved to Minnesota and farmed for 20 years, most recently in the Chatfield area. He married Jean Brown in June 1956 in Chicago and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Mabel VFW and the National Rifle Association. Survivors include a son, Bill (Sherri) of Chatfield; two stepdaughters, Diane Libman of Chicago and Kim Brown of Concord, Calif.; four grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; one great-grandchild; and five stepgreat-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded him in death. A memorial service was May 17, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery in Manchester, Iowa, at a later date.