"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Willis Nelson Briggman, 83, of Chatfield, a retired farmer, died May 15, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had been a patient.
He was born Nov. 15, 1919, in Manchester, Iowa, and graduated from Manchester High School in 1938. From Feb. 9, 1942, to Nov. 3, 1945, he served in the Army Air Forces, saw duty in India and Burma, achieved the rank of corporal and received the Bronze Star. After the service, he lived in Chicago and worked for Millwright Industrial Fabrications. In 1972 he moved to Minnesota and farmed for 20 years, most recently in the Chatfield area. He married Jean Brown in June 1956 in Chicago and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Mabel VFW and the National Rifle Association. Survivors include a son, Bill (Sherri) of Chatfield; two stepdaughters, Diane Libman of Chicago and Kim Brown of Concord, Calif.; four grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; one great-grandchild; and five stepgreat-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded him in death. A memorial service was May 17, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery in Manchester, Iowa, at a later date.