"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 13th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:13:48, Feb 13th 2016 - Billary - This paper is so liberal. Guess they are endorsing Hillary Clinton!!!!!! ... [Read More]
- 9:05:21, Feb 12th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Wentworth Your post contains disconnected ideas and makes little sense. ... [Read More]
- 1:21:44, Feb 12th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Well said. I cook on wkends too, leftovers during the week a ... [Read More]
- 1:07:17, Feb 12th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85 and vikefan1- the countries I mentioned in my last post are all ... [Read More]
- 8:40:49, Feb 11th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth "Universal health care not covered in the Constitution" ? ... [Read More]
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Willis Nelson Briggman, 83, of Chatfield, a retired farmer, died May 15, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had been a patient.
He was born Nov. 15, 1919, in Manchester, Iowa, and graduated from Manchester High School in 1938. From Feb. 9, 1942, to Nov. 3, 1945, he served in the Army Air Forces, saw duty in India and Burma, achieved the rank of corporal and received the Bronze Star. After the service, he lived in Chicago and worked for Millwright Industrial Fabrications. In 1972 he moved to Minnesota and farmed for 20 years, most recently in the Chatfield area. He married Jean Brown in June 1956 in Chicago and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Mabel VFW and the National Rifle Association. Survivors include a son, Bill (Sherri) of Chatfield; two stepdaughters, Diane Libman of Chicago and Kim Brown of Concord, Calif.; four grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; one great-grandchild; and five stepgreat-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded him in death. A memorial service was May 17, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery in Manchester, Iowa, at a later date.