"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, May 23rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Willis Nelson Briggman, 83, of Chatfield, a retired farmer, died May 15, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had been a patient.
He was born Nov. 15, 1919, in Manchester, Iowa, and graduated from Manchester High School in 1938. From Feb. 9, 1942, to Nov. 3, 1945, he served in the Army Air Forces, saw duty in India and Burma, achieved the rank of corporal and received the Bronze Star. After the service, he lived in Chicago and worked for Millwright Industrial Fabrications. In 1972 he moved to Minnesota and farmed for 20 years, most recently in the Chatfield area. He married Jean Brown in June 1956 in Chicago and they were later divorced. He was a member of the Mabel VFW and the National Rifle Association. Survivors include a son, Bill (Sherri) of Chatfield; two stepdaughters, Diane Libman of Chicago and Kim Brown of Concord, Calif.; four grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; one great-grandchild; and five stepgreat-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded him in death. A memorial service was May 17, 2003 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. The body was cremated. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery in Manchester, Iowa, at a later date.